• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

MCC v Rest of the World: Lord's, Saturday 6 July

stumpski

International Captain
Couldn't see a thread for this but if there is one please merge.

Lord's Bicentenary Match being shown live on Sky and the line-ups look mouthwatering. Just to see Lara bat again will be quite something. Will Tino be trying to knock him over?

Even the weather forecast is good. They were just saying, sold out within 20 minutes of the tickets going on sale.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
MCC Squad
Sachin Tendulkar*, Brian Lara, Shiv Chanderpaul, Rahul Dravid, Aaron Finch, Brett Lee, Chris Read†, Saeed Ajmal, Shaun Tait, Umar Gul, Daniel Vettori
ROW Squad
Shane Warne*, Tino Best, Paul Collingwood, Adam Gilchrist†, Muttiah Muralitharan, Kevin Pietersen, Virender Sehwag, Shahid Afridi, Peter Siddle, Tamim Iqbal, Yuvraj Singh
Looks like it's the batting stars of MCC vs the spinners of ROW. Man, did ROW get screwed on the fast bowling options or what? MCC clearly the better side overall on paper.

harsh.ag

However, ROW should have a higher run rate than MCC given the kind of batsmen they have. Just hope they can sustain it to win. Also MCC have two of the more expensive bowlers in LOs format. Plus I just have to ask: What the hell is Tino Best doing here?!!!

stumpski

International Captain
Read and Collingwood might be asking themselves the same thing - good that there's some English presence though. Read has been a standout performer in county cricket for nearly 20 years so I'm pleased to see him get this game.

I don't suppose anyone knows if this is going to have official (i,e. List A) status? Seems no reason why it shouldn't to me.

harsh.ag

Read and Collingwood might be asking themselves the same thing - good that there's some English presence though. Read has been a standout performer in county cricket for nearly 20 years so I'm pleased to see him get this game.

I don't suppose anyone knows if this is going to have official (i,e. List A) status? Seems no reason why it shouldn't to me.
Nah they clearly have Tino in there to invalidate any claims to List A status :laugh:

cricmahanty

School Boy/Girl Captain
MCC look a tad stronger on paper. But most of their batsmen should be pretty rusty after such long layoffs from the game. I doubt if Sachin has even picked up a bat since that last test match of his.

ROW have the more active players, active as in fresh from some sort of a stint in the middle. ROW's bowling looks a little weaker and over-reliant on the two spin wizards.

Still tipping ROW to win though.

viriya

International Captain
I found the preview with the the Tendulkar vs Warne duel hyped up to be amusing.. I thought both sides had to have their time at the top for it to be a proper duel.

harsh.ag

That would be great.. Though i have a feeling Aaron Finch might get to open with Sachin.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Finch to do the right thing and slap the first ball from Peter Siddle to mid on, HamRud-style.

harsh.ag

I am placing my bets on ROW for this one. Their batting line up is much stronger, and as this is not a test match (It should BE a test match!!)

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Noted bowling all-rounder Arun Finch will be pushing his Test aspirations in this match. A good showing with the ball here will throw him right into contention for the UAE tour.

harsh.ag

Noted bowling all-rounder Arun Finch will be pushing his Test aspirations in this match. A good showing with the ball here will throw him right into contention for the UAE tour.
There was a time not too long ago when a similar thought was expressed for your boi ! :)

stumpski

International Captain
Lack of Flintoff is incredibly disappointing

Wasn't it his omission from this game which is supposed to have spurred him into his comeback attempt? (which we haven't heard much about lately)

Though I doubt whether he would have lasted 50 overs somehow.