Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: MCC v Rest of the World: Lord's, Saturday 6 July

Cricket Web Staff Member stumpski's Avatar

MCC v Rest of the World: Lord's, Saturday 6 July

Couldn't see a thread for this but if there is one please merge.

Lord's Bicentenary Match being shown live on Sky and the line-ups look mouthwatering. Just to see Lara bat again will be quite something. Will Tino be trying to knock him over?

Even the weather forecast is good. They were just saying, sold out within 20 minutes of the tickets going on sale.

MCC Squad
    Sachin Tendulkar*, Brian Lara, Shiv Chanderpaul, Rahul Dravid, Aaron Finch, Brett Lee, Chris Read†, Saeed Ajmal, Shaun Tait, Umar Gul, Daniel Vettori
    ROW Squad
    Shane Warne*, Tino Best, Paul Collingwood, Adam Gilchrist†, Muttiah Muralitharan, Kevin Pietersen, Virender Sehwag, Shahid Afridi, Peter Siddle, Tamim Iqbal, Yuvraj Singh
    Looks like it's the batting stars of MCC vs the spinners of ROW. Man, did ROW get screwed on the fast bowling options or what? MCC clearly the better side overall on paper.
    If you were that old, and that kind, and the very last of your kind, you couldn't just stand back and watch children cry.

However, ROW should have a higher run rate than MCC given the kind of batsmen they have. Just hope they can sustain it to win. Also MCC have two of the more expensive bowlers in LOs format. Plus I just have to ask: What the hell is Tino Best doing here?!!!

Cricket Web Staff Member stumpski's Avatar
    Read and Collingwood might be asking themselves the same thing - good that there's some English presence though. Read has been a standout performer in county cricket for nearly 20 years so I'm pleased to see him get this game.

I don't suppose anyone knows if this is going to have official (i,e. List A) status? Seems no reason why it shouldn't to me.

Quote Originally Posted by stumpski View Post
    Read and Collingwood might be asking themselves the same thing - good that there's some English presence though. Read has been a standout performer in county cricket for nearly 20 years so I'm pleased to see him get this game.

I don't suppose anyone knows if this is going to have official (i,e. List A) status? Seems no reason why it shouldn't to me.
    Nah they clearly have Tino in there to invalidate any claims to List A status

School Boy/Girl Captain cricmahanty's Avatar
    MCC look a tad stronger on paper. But most of their batsmen should be pretty rusty after such long layoffs from the game. I doubt if Sachin has even picked up a bat since that last test match of his.

ROW have the more active players, active as in fresh from some sort of a stint in the middle. ROW's bowling looks a little weaker and over-reliant on the two spin wizards.

Still tipping ROW to win though.

I found the preview with the the Tendulkar vs Warne duel hyped up to be amusing.. I thought both sides had to have their time at the top for it to be a proper duel.

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    It'll be fun to see Lara and Tendulkar batting together - hopefully they do. Is this an OD or T20?
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Lara ans Sachin should open.

That would be great.. Though i have a feeling Aaron Finch might get to open with Sachin.

strange lineups
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I just love all kinds of balls.

Dan
    Global Moderator / Cricket Web Staff Member Dan's Avatar
    A small planet somewhere in the vicinity of Betelgeuse
    Finch to do the right thing and slap the first ball from Peter Siddle to mid on, HamRud-style.
    _Ed_ likes this.
    My sworn enemy:
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    I hate s smith.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    I give out points for style of which Steve(n) Smith has none.

I am placing my bets on ROW for this one. Their batting line up is much stronger, and as this is not a test match (It should BE a test match!!)

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Lack of Flintoff is incredibly disappointing

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by harsh.ag View Post
    That would be great.. Though i have a feeling Aaron Finch might get to open with Sachin.
    assume you mean open the bowling
    Dan likes this.
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information