• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Shabbir is a chucker

garage flower

State Vice-Captain
Mister Wright said:
Is any fast bowler safe these days!?

The thing about 'chucking' is that it is never conclusive. The clearest example of this was when Lawson bowled against Australia last year. From front on it looked like a definate chuck, but from side on it didn't look like a chuck.
Lawson was reported largely because the Aussies kicked up a stink after he'd ripped them apart in Antigua.

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
I was at the Wellington game which Shabbir got reported for. I remember watching replays of him on the scoreboard and the chucking was pretty blatant. I asked my friend how it was possible that Shoaib get's so much flak for his action when I hadn't heard a peep about Shabbir.

I wasn't aware that he'd been called for throwing in the past, but there was definitely a bend in his arm that straightened late in his action.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Mister Wright said:
Agreed. It is starting to become a joke.:lol:
Sadly a rather expensive joke for certain innocent individuals.:( Plenty have had to pay the price, sometimes extremely talented bowlers who are the victims of envy.

Dick Rockett

Richard said:
I would seriously recommend against judging on a few replays on a grainy big screen.
Dude, it was several replays on an excellent, enormous screen at a brand new stadium. Have you been there?

BlackCap_Fan

State Vice-Captain
mingster,why didn't you post something about shabbir being a chucker before? because you've known since the first test :/

Mingster

State Regular
Because somehow I've been banned several times on this forum....

And the title of this thread is misleading...it should be "Shabbir is cited again"

Last edited:

Choora

State Regular
Its a bit unfortunate and i feel sad for Ahmad. He comes from a poor background, struggled for 3-4 years to get back to international cricket after he was first reported for throwing, and now i think if he is banned then his career will be over.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Hard Harry said:
Dude, it was several replays on an excellent, enormous screen at a brand new stadium. Have you been there?
No, why on Earth would I have?
And why on Earth does it matter? No big screen is anywhere near good enough to judge something as important as this. And no way can such a judgement be made on a handful of replays.
Oh, and old stadiums have no relevance to the screens - screens are installed, so the best get everywhere.

Dick Rockett

Richard said:
No, why on Earth would I have?
And why on Earth does it matter? No big screen is anywhere near good enough to judge something as important as this. And no way can such a judgement be made on a handful of replays.
Oh, and old stadiums have no relevance to the screens - screens are installed, so the best get everywhere.
I find your attitude vaguely insulting. I know what I saw and I don't need lecturing from you. This is meant to be a discussion forum, I'm not on the ICC "chucking panel" so my opinion counts for very little in the scheme of things.

I find your attitude in general overly negative and wish you would calm down a bit. You have your opinion, everyone else has theirs, let it be.

Andre

International Regular
marc71178 said:
I don't think you've ever been banned from here.
Confirmed.

In fact, he could have been banned because he has 3 separate accounts!

Get the facts straight before waving the blame.

Damien Martyn

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Neil Pickup said:
And this is supposed to mean what, exactly?
NEIL WHY IS IT TO YOU THAT EVERYTHING I SAY TO YOU IS WRONG OR YOUR TO STUPID TO UNDERSTAND "no offence rik" MAN CANT YOU READ OR SOMMIN BLODDY HELL EVERYONE ELSE GETS WHAT I READ Y CANT YOU:!( :!( :!( :!( :!( :!( :!( :!(

Damien Martyn

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Neil 4get i said that it was in anger umm i mean shoab supposidly threw and u could tell that pakisanies threw because over the years theres been contravercy over Pakistanies throwing

Andre

International Regular
Damien Martyn said:
NEIL WHY IS IT TO YOU THAT EVERYTHING I SAY TO YOU IS WRONG OR YOUR TO STUPID TO UNDERSTAND "no offence rik" MAN CANT YOU READ OR SOMMIN BLODDY HELL EVERYONE ELSE GETS WHAT I READ Y CANT YOU:!( :!( :!( :!( :!( :!( :!( :!(
I get what you read - and this post is incredibly uncalled for.

Please, no use of caps - and keep Rik out of it!

Cheers.