• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

TriSeries in Holland?

Craig

World Traveller
I think they would be artifical pitches in Holland anyway.

I think there is only one or two turf wickets in Holland.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
The VRA Ground in Amstelveen (near Amsterdam) was the second Dutch ground to install a grass wicket. The 5-strip square has been used for many VRA home matches, several practice matches for Dutch XIs, and has already seen international attention. The South African touring party played the Dutch national team here in July 1998. The first 3-day match will be played on this ground in August 1998, when India 'A' visit The Netherlands for a series of matches. The ground became an official ODI-Ground during the World Cup in 1999, when it hosted the match between South Africa and Kenya.

The offices of the Royal Dutch Cricket Association (KNCB) are located in the VRA pavilion.

Bazza

International 12th Man
iamdavid said:
But that would be one heck of a tournament with 3 of the best 4 ODI sides in the world & it would potentially draw huge crowds if held in any cricket-following nation.
Actually Australia are 1st, Pakistan 4th and India 5th in the Cricketweb ODI Rankings! :P

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Sorry, but no matter the posterity of the site, no-one can achieve an impossible task!

ravjohal

Cricket Spectator
hi!
i am thinking of booking my stag party for my wedding in amsterdam to watch this cricket tournament between india australia and pakistan in august 2004, does anybody know the exact dates of the tournament and if not, when they will be relesaed PLEASE!!! so i can make further plans for this holiday.
it would help me a lot
thank u!!!!

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
I dont see the point of this series. India just find Aussie tour with 4 tests and 10 ODIs and before that they played in TVS cup.

1. India tours Pakistan in March-April
2. Bangladesh in April-May.
3. Indian Board is planning another stupid Friendship Series between India & Pak (6 games) in Jun
4. Aug/Sep England in Natwest Trophy (3 games),
5. September Champions Trophy
6. October/November - Australia tour India
7. November/December - SA Tour India.

Where do we fit this Tri-Series ??

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
4. Aug/Sep England in Natwest Trophy (3 games)
NatWest Challenge.:D
Another stupid competition that basically has been forced by the need to make ever more money.
England need it - India surely don't. It's just greed on the part of the Board and thoughtlessness for the players.
It's no surprise, however, as it's a problem that has simply exacerbated by the year.

sebster

Cricket Spectator
hi guys!!

i got some infos: the tournament will be taking place from 23 -27 august. The teams will play each other once, and the top two will play the final.
http://www.hindu.com/2004/02/07/stories/2004020700471900.htm

There is however uno problemo, this tournament might not take place if England is unwilling to tour Zimbambwe!! This is because if England doesn't tour then the Champions trophy will be moved to India. Since this Dutch tournament was to be a practise tournament for the champions tournament in England, my guess would be that it will be canceled. So thats the complicated world of cricket politics.

The sad thing is that this tournament in Holland would give the cricket lovers on the continent the chance to watch some great cricket!!! ( and some great beer + coffee shops)
:D

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
sebster said:

The sad thing is that this tournament in Holland would give the cricket lovers on the continent the chance to watch some great cricket!!! ( and some great beer + coffee shops)
:D
Welcome to CW sebster :) European continent member count up to two!

Sad thing is, there aren't too many who love this great sport in Europe...doubt great crowds would turn out, apart from the Indian minority in Amsterdam...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Shame you can't quintimple the capacity then. :(
There'd almost certainly be enough demand and it'd be a nice littler earner that one!