• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Since this post by Burgey

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
The slow creep of draft threads and ATG discussion has been great to watch. Just a gentle drip feed back in....

viriya

International Captain
the troll is strong in that post.. you have to appreciate the overwhelming hate.. watch out for heart attacks tho

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Good to see the Lankan lads took notice of my post and lifted their game. Hopefully we don't wait another 30 years for them to do something else in an away test series.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
ATG XI:

1. J Hobbs
2. L Hutton
3. K Sangakkara
4. D Bradman
5. S Smith
6. A Mathews *
7. A Gilchrist
8. I Khan
9. M Marshall
10. R Herath
11. S Eranga

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Mahela makes it for pulling a Warner and publicly calling England a bunch of mentally weak soft ****s.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Let's have a quick Sri Lankan draft in this thread. Only Sri Lankans are eligible to be selected. First in best dressed...

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
But who is the team meant to be playing, and where? Is it another ATG team from another nation or are they playing Mars? And if it's Mars, is it home or away? And what's the format? Is it tests, ODIs, T20s or rank tedium like it usually is?

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Good to see the Lankan lads took notice of my post and lifted their game. Hopefully we don't wait another 30 years for them to do something else in an away test series.
I think Mr Hodgson needs to stand down in favour of Burgey - am sending links to the FA

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Haha, best post ever.
Stats don't tell the full story of who is great or who served their country the best.
Its not because he won the world cup which is their biggest achievement either - it is more because he was part of the early brigade. Everyone thought who are these easy beats when they first debuted and got for scores of 140 or even 120 sometimes in ODIs.

Then they played a test series against us and if they had've stank up the joint they might not have been invited back. Those early matches were crucial. Willie Watson decided that since it was only SL he was playing against he would throw his weight around and bowl 125Kmh bouncers and sledge the crap out of them. It worked on the openers and the little Sri Lankans unaccustomed to international cricket were being played off the field. Enter Aravinda. Or should I say enter the hook shot of Aravinda. Willie Watson found out he was too slow to intimidate anyone even if they were a Sri Lankan. Aravinda led the batting.

Then they went and played the Aussies - the Aussies actually agreed to play them but weren't expecting much. There is a marvellous interview with Merv Hughes where he says "the faster I bowled at his body the faster I went for six on to the dog track around the oval".

Aravinda broke the ground for your Mathews, Sangakkaras etc. He was the man in the day.