• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in Sri Lanka 2014

akilana

International 12th Man
Where did I mention anything about last year? Dire posting.

Incidentally I always rated him (and my posts from multiple years ago would back that up), however there was a definite perception that he was a downhill skiier.
Lol

Stapel

International Regular
I came here to post that I think Amla is possibly the most suited batsman to 3 I have ever seen, but note Riggins has made a similar post. Even though Ponting and Dravid were obviously (for now) superior batsmen to Amla, almost feel like Amla's defend/consolidate/counter-attack gears are better than those 2.
Ponting batted after Hayden/Langer. Dravid batted after Sehwag/Gambhir. Amla bats after...., uhm, well, have to look that up.

Riggins

International Captain
I love watching blokes like Amla who are usually so free-flowing just completely getting rid of their back-lift and deadbatting the **** out of everything. Glorious.

auditor

School Boy/Girl Captain
hadi: "if SL don't win this, it will be solely because of late declaration! Mathews already had lost one against Pakistan in UAE for negative cricket, I'm sure he wouldn't want to lose this because he left declaration for too late"

Stapel

International Regular
Not going anywhere, this.......

Current partnership 19 runs, 17.2 overs, RR: 1.09 (Amla 9, de Villiers 9)

cnerd123

likes this
How much would Amla average if he had been caught all the time he has been dropped?

Hard to recall another current day player who has been dropped as much as he has. I'd love to see the stats for this if possible - batsman most dropped since the early 2000s, highest drops per innings ratio, etc.

Amla ABDV Steyn; three future RSA ATGs in the same XI, whereas Sri Lanka have Mahela, Sanga and Mathews. And then high quality players like Herath, Morkel, Faf, Duminy, Philander...history is going to look back on this series as a pretty good one.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
I must say that I have been very impressed with Dilruwan..He has bowled really well and actually outbowled Herath- which is not an easy thing to do. Hopefully he satys fit and he looks like a worthy future replacement for Rangana.

Last edited: