• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in Sri Lanka 2014

karan316

State Vice-Captain
Mathews needs to stop this bull****, needs to give longer spells to his spinners. These 2-3 over spells make it difficult to pick wickets.

Last edited:

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Mathews needs to stop this bull****, short spells are not good unless you are a Dale Steyn or Mitchell Johnson.
Mendis runs in and bowls the same **** all day, only hope he has of getting a wicket is if the batsman hasn't seen him for a while and somehow doesn't pick on or something, he needs to give Herath and Perera long spells though, it's what worked yesterday

karan316

State Vice-Captain
Mendis runs in and bowls the same **** all day, only hope he has of getting a wicket is if the batsman hasn't seen him for a while and somehow doesn't pick on or something, he needs to give Herath and Perera long spells though, it's what worked yesterday
I think any bowler would need a few overs to make that impact. You cant expect them to do well if you are giving them tiny spells. I know Mendis did bowl some loose stuff, but you would want your bowler to settle down in a rhythm and bowl.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Really don't get the hate of Amla moving down a spot. I know he's done phenomenally well at 3 but he's obviously a part of the decision making process and if it's what he's rather than to me it makes sense. I guess I'm a bit different though as I think Faf is more than good enough to do a good job at 3 and so you don't actually lose anything my switching them about

vandem

International 12th Man
Why did SL wait so long to declare? Though 320-330 would have been enough for a side that is 0-1 down and needs to win.

Riggins

International Captain
Really don't get the hate of Amla moving down a spot. I know he's done phenomenally well at 3 but he's obviously a part of the decision making process and if it's what he's rather than to me it makes sense. I guess I'm a bit different though as I think Faf is more than good enough to do a good job at 3 and so you don't actually lose anything my switching them about
I know what you mean, I appreciate the 'Amla is da best, let him do whatever the **** he wants' school of thought - but I just think you actually are losing something with him not at 3. He's basically the perfect 3 and reckon he's gotta stay there.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
you'd be fuming getting out to mendis in club cricket.
At his best he has a strange habit of getting wickets, usually because the batsmen hasn't faced him before or the pitch is completely ****ed or something. But most of the time he is completely at the mercy of the batsman, he benefits from their errors in LO cricket at times but is just fodder in tests bowling slow straight balls