• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in Sri Lanka 2014

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Getting more and more interesting by the minute, Sanga playing a brilliant hand as usual, how the **** does he keep doing it??

viriya

International Captain
If Thiri gets his act together and get the damn single SL might actually have a chance.

viriya

International Captain
If Sanga pulls this off with a ~140 it would be very close to his best ODI innings..

and there goes Thiri.. might not be the worst thing to happen to SL.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
It wasn't the ideal time for Thirrimanne to come in tbf, generally more of a top order accumulator than a finisher, should've come in at 5

viriya

International Captain
Mike Haysman "South Africa are right back in this game"...

I wasn't aware that they were behind.

viriya

International Captain
Didn't get to watch SA's innings.. how come Kula and Malinga didn't bowl out? The spinners haven't really done much better.. Especially Kula seems to have bowled well..

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Didn't get to watch SA's innings.. how come Kula and Malinga didn't bowl out? The spinners haven't really done much better.. Especially Kula seems to have bowled well..
The spinners bowled rather well towards the back end of the innings so Matthews brought on the part-timers when McLaren and Miller were getting going and he kept them on till the penultimate over - he paid the price. Malinga was a bit ordinary all day and Kula bowled well at the start but got some tap in his second spell, I can sort of understand why they weren't bowled out but they should've bowled the last 3 overs at least

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, the saffers beat us pretty comprehensively there, put us under the gun from the get go and responded whenever we challenged them, of course I have a bunch of grievances about how we played but gotta hand it to SA as well

viriya

International Captain
I knew from how SA went about the practice game that SL weren't prepared for them this time.. especially since SA have a lot to prove in SL - they want this more than SL..

I would replace Ashan with Thisara and Thiri with Chandimal (not that he's going to do much better) if I was a selector but probably should give them an extended run..