• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Predict your nation's line up for their first match in the 2015 World Cup

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Simple as it sounds. Predict your nation's line up for their first match in the WC. If anyone gets it exactly right, they win all the glory they can hold.

- Finch
- Watson
- S. Marsh
- Clarke
- Bailey
- Maxwell
- Haddin
- Faulkner
- Johnson
- Agar
- McKay

Throwing Agar in there as a rough shot. He's marketable, and we know how much CA value that. Plus, I reckon he'd actually go ok in ODIs.

Last edited:

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Guptil
Baz
Kane
Taylor
Munro
Anderson
Ronchi
NMac
Southee
Mills
Mitch

Assuming that Jesse won't be picked.

Howsie

International Captain
1. Jesse Ryder
2. Martin Guptill
3. Kane Williamson
4. Ross Taylor
5. Brendon McCullum
6. Corey Anderson
7. Luke Ronchi
8. Nathan McCullum
9. Tim Southee
10. Kyle Mills
11. Mitchell McClenaghan

Jimmy Nessham, Tom Latham, Trent Boult, Colin Munro.

Daniel Vettori, if fit, will play too. His swan song.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
picking Henry to displace one of the bowlers by that stage, tbh. Probably McCleneghan.

Flem274*

123/5
Guptill
Latham
Williamson
Taylor
McCullum
Anderson
Ronchi
NcCullum
Southee
Mills
McClenaghan

that will be what's picked. Jesse won't get back or stay back in for long. I'd pick Watling at five and give him the gloves but it won't happen either. Bennett, Henry or Milne will rain on my prediction parade if one of the above seamers is unfit.

Red

And aren't Crowe, Hadlee or Ian Smith playing for you guys any more?

Athlai

Not Terrible
1. Jesse Ryder
2. Martin Guptill
3. Kane Williamson
4. Ross Taylor
5. Brendon McCullum
6. Corey Anderson
7. Luke Ronchi
8. Nathan McCullum
9. Tim Southee
10. Kyle Mills
11. Mitchell McClenaghan

Jimmy Nessham, Tom Latham, Trent Boult, Colin Munro.

Daniel Vettori, if fit, will play too. His swan song.
I'd go this but would have Bennett as back up instead of Munro.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
FFS. Is there anyone here not from NZ?
1. Guptill
2. McCullum
3. Williamson
4. Taylor
5. Anderson
6. Neesham
7. Ronchi
8. N McCullum
9. Southee
10. Mills
11. McClenaghan

My first draft had Jess in it, but he's only got 7-8 months to prove the worth of giving it one last one last go.

I'd also love to think Dan could bowl on basically one leg, as he did in the UK, but I can't see it.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Guptill, Latham, Williamson, Taylor, McCullum, Anderson, Ronchi, NcCullum, Mills, Southee, Mitch McC

BeeGee

International Captain
Guptill
Latham
Williamson
Taylor
McCullum
Anderson
Ronchi
NcCullum
Southee
Mills
McClenaghan

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
1. Guptill
2. Ryder
3. Williamson
4. Taylor
5. McCullum
6. Anderson
7. Ronchi +
8. NcCullum/Vettori
9. Southee
10. Mills
11. Henry

McCleneghan, NcCullum, Neesham, Latham, Boult

Nice to see that we've passed the days of Franklin and Elliott recalls (hopefully)

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Oh and for Australia, before Monk ragequits:

1. Warner
2. Finch
3. Watson
4. Clarke
5. Bailey
6. Maxwell
7. Haddin
8. Faulkner
9. Johnson
10. Starc
11. McKay

Doherty, Coulter-Nile, Smith, Pattinson

Red

What's the record on the most left arm bowlers ever used in an ODI? Or test for that matter?

If Johnson, Faulkner, Starc and Doherty all played in an ODI together it'd have to be a record would it not?

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
What's the record on the most left arm bowlers ever used in an ODI? Or test for that matter?

If Johnson, Faulkner, Starc and Doherty all played in an ODI together it'd have to be a record would it not?
Not sure, but I think Australia played a all left arm attack in this World T20.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
enough of this trans-tasman ****

Kusal
Dilshan
Sanga
Thirimanne
Mahela
Matthews
Thisara
Kula
Senanayake
Lakmal
Malinga

Bolded the guys I'm not sure about, however for the rest I'd say they are certainties barring injury.

Picked Lakmal over Herath because I think we'll go with a pace heavy attack, would be nice if we don't though, and Senanayake is our best ODI spinner so long as his chucking tests come back ok.

Thirimanne was in shocking form this last test series but after the Asia cup and Chandimal's terrible ODI form over the last few years he might still make the team, Thisara will also probably play given his big hitting but his bowling is a real concern, but I wouldn't be surprised if Priyanjan played in either of those positions thought tbh.

Jayasuria said something a while ago about the need for fast-bowling all-rounders, but I can't really see too many candidates apart from Perera and with Matthews and Kula also contributing with both the bat and the ball I don't see this happening.