• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Predict your nation's line up for their first match in the 2015 World Cup

Spark

Global Moderator
I haven't paid too much attention to SL's batting order over the last year or so but Mahela at 5 seems quite low

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Dhawan
Rahane
Kohli
Rohit
Raina
Dhoni
Jadeja
Ashwin
M.Sharma
Bhuv
Shami

I think the pace bowlers are the hardest to pick. There's Pandey, Mohit Sharma, Aaron, Yadav, Bhuvi and Shami all fighting for 3 spots, not to mention another couple of bowlers who'll be the flavour of the month. Oh and Binny too.

Salamuddin

International Debutant
Dhawan
Rahane
Kohli
Rohit
Raina
Dhoni
Jadeja
Ashwin
M.Sharma
Bhuv
Shami

I think the pace bowlers are the hardest to pick. There's Pandey, Mohit Sharma, Aaron, Yadav, Bhuvi and Shami all fighting for 3 spots, not to mention another couple of bowlers who'll be the flavour of the month. Oh and Binny too.
Uthappa will probably be in the reckoning IMO for a spot in the starting lineup. Looks a far better player now than he did a few years go.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Uthappa
Rahane
Kohli
Rohit
Raina
Dhoni
Jadeja
Binny
M.Sharma
Bhuvi
Ishant the terrible

Ashwin, Pujara, Shami, Dhawan and Aaron

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
I haven't paid too much attention to SL's batting order over the last year or so but Mahela at 5 seems quite low
Thirimanne will bat above him if selected, but if it's someone else MJ will probably bat 4, he's very versatile in the ODIs, if he doesn't open like he probably should then 5 is the next best place for him on Aussie pitches IMO

Spikey

Simple as it sounds. Predict your nation's line up for their first match in the WC. If anyone gets it exactly right, they win all the glory they can hold.

- Finch
- Watson
- S. Marsh
- Clarke
- Bailey
- Maxwell
- Haddin
- Faulkner
- Johnson
- Agar
- McKay

Throwing Agar in there as a rough shot. He's marketable, and we know how much CA value that. Plus, I reckon he'd actually go ok in ODIs.
god id be so furious if this was it

Spikey

that doesnt make it better. where's starc. why is faulkner batting at 8 when he cant really bowl. doherty is so mediocre. shaun marsh and arun finch are in the top 3.

Spikey

watson
warner
clarke
bailey
smith
maxwell or faulkner
haddin
starc
mj
harris
mckay

drop warner for finch if you want the spinning option

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
that doesnt make it better. where's starc. why is faulkner batting at 8 when he cant really bowl. doherty is so mediocre. shaun marsh and arun finch are in the top 3.
:blink:

Faulkner can bowl and is an excellent option at 8
Marsh and Finch are good ODI batsmen
I didn't pick Doherty
Starc might play, meh

long hop

Cricket Spectator
1) Bell
2) Hales
3) Ballance
4) Vince
5) Morgan (c)
6) Buttler (wk)
7) Stokes
8) Jordan
9) Broad
10) Riley
11) Finn

Root and Kieswetter as the reserve batsmen
Topley and Briggs as reserve bowlers.

I hope it would be something like this anyway.

Last edited:

cricmahanty

School Boy/Girl Captain
Dhawan
Sharma
Kohli
Rahane
Raina
Dhoni
Jadeja
Ashwin
Bhuvneshwar
Shami
Zaheer, if fit. Else, Yadav

I guess that'll be the XI they'll start with. I'm not sure whether Sharma as an opener will be of any help Down Under and would rather see Rahane open with Dhawan, and Sharma's place go to someone like a Pujara provided he proves himself in whatever amount of ODI cricket he's made to play prior to the WC. I also wouldn't rate out Yuvraj under any circumstances. He should be in the squad and probably also in the XI as there's more than a high chance of guys like Raina being vulnerable to the conditions in Australia and New Zealand.

The bowling looks paper thin, as is always the case with India. India have to rely on the tweakers to pull them through the middle overs. And we could literally trade anything for having a fit Zaheer Khan to spearhead the attack.

GGG

State Captain
I am hoping it is this

Guptil
Ryder
Williamson
Taylor
McCullum
Ronchi
Anderson
Vettori
Southee
Mills
McClenaghan/N McCullum depending on the wicket

I really wish we could fit in Neesham though, if he can sort out his bowling I would swap McClenaghan with him.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
If we're going magical hendrix fairyland 11:

1. Ryder
2. Williamson
3. Taylor
4. Watling (w)
5. McCullum
6. Anderson
7. Neesham
8. Vettori
9. Southee
10. Henry
11. McCleneghan

sub fielder:
Guptill

sub opener/MVP: Latham

Sub bowlers: Mills, NcCullum, Milne, Boult

salman85

International Debutant
1.Shahzad
2.Jamshed
3.Umar Akmal (Hoping he gets promoted up the order by then)
4.Asad Shafiq
5.Sohaib Maqsood
6.Misbah (c)
7.Sarfaraz (wk)
8.Afridi
9.Ajmal
10.Junaid
11.Gul

flibbertyjibber

1) Bell
2) Hales
3) Ballance
4) Vince
5) Morgan (c)
6) Buttler (wk)
7) Stokes
8) Jordan
9) Broad
10) Riley
11) Finn

Root and Kieswetter as the reserve batsmen
Topley and Briggs as reserve bowlers.

I hope it would be something like this anyway.
I prefer your team to mine but I fear mine will be closer to it.

shrik

Cricket Spectator
Dhawan
Sharma/Rahane
Kohli
Yuvraj
Raina
Dhoni
Jadeja
Ashwin
Bhuvneshwar
Shami
Yadav

Place of R sharma and Rahane will depend on how they perform in the triangular series before the world cup.