• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Sol Bar: New Zealand Cricket Randomness

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
Can't believe we are still looking at Jesse as our saviour that after one test match loss. Let's move on please.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Perfect 5th option imo. imagine

1. M Guptill/rotating opening batsman
2. T Latham
3. K Williamson
4. R Taylor
5. J Ryder
6. W Young/T Bruce
7. BJ Watling+
8. M Santner
9. M Henry/N Wagner
10. T Southee
11. T Boult

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Haha knew this would happen. There's no doubt that a fully committed J-Dawg would be the perfect replacement for Baz for the next 3-4 years (and his bowling would help with team balance to boot). But it ain't gonna happen, so why bother?

Jord

U19 Vice-Captain
He's purely a "what could have been" case, there should never be another NZ side with Ryder selected. He let himself down by not taking his chances when he was offered a comeback into the side and he's not even bothering to play first class cricket this season either.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
haha oh dear.

2 years too late to be honest. I think his CBF batting style has overtaken his pure, compact Warner-style technique. He won't be much better than Corey Anderson these days I reckon.

Still though, at least twice as talented as any other player going around.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Maybe he can just be a pyjamas cricketer for nz.

I would say we could win the World Cup in 2018 if he replaced bazzinger

Guptil
Ryder
Williamson
Ross (on his last legs)
A new player Nicholls if necessary
Anderson
Seifert
Santner
Milne
Henry
Mitch

12th man boult

Anyway at this stage the coffee is about finding out if Jesse has any tosses to give about international cricket any more. I think the most likely answer is negative.

jcas0167

International Debutant
How much better would the Black Caps had been in the last eight to ten years had Jesse managed himself better.
Indeed. He could have been a major asset opening the batting at the 2007 World Cup in the West Indies, on wickets that probably would have suited his batting and bowling.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
haha oh dear.

2 years too late to be honest. I think his CBF batting style has overtaken his pure, compact Warner-style technique. He won't be much better than Corey Anderson these days I reckon.

Still though, at least twice as talented as any other player going around.
That's a worry. Corey Anderson is a pretty dire Test player.

Good on Hess for having caught up with Jesse, there's no reason there shouldn't be dialogue. If, IF there was to be any future with NZ there's no way it'd be in the Test arena. His fitness and probably game wouldn't be up to it. He probably wants to keep going to Essex, taking things his own way etc. So ODIs and T20s at a push. And that's fine. But the odds of it aren't great.

Jord

U19 Vice-Captain
I think Ryder, drunk out of his mind and two hours sleep still performs better than Corey Anderson in test cricket.