• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sheep Draft version 5.0

watson

Banned
Re-sent for this round.

Great questions Nufan….proving to be worthwhile challenges to find unique players, but not impossible.
I have a scientific method for overcoming my dithering. I make a shortlist of 3-4 players and then get my little girl to chose one for me. In fact, I've just been asked whether I ended up getting "Rowing Kangi" or not.

weeman27bob

International Regular
Thought more people would have gone for Lillee but apparently not. Surprised to see so many go for Shaun Pollock though.

Got a cracking first pick though.

adub

International Captain
I reckon plenty of people like me were short of some good pace options which is why Lindy and Polly were popular

ohnoitsyou

International Regular
Just for question 8 and all questions actually.. If I say career, I'm talking about Test career.

Glad that the questions are proving a bit challenging Monk.
Now thats quite different from career isnt it?
Will resend a pick that complies tommorow.

ohnoitsyou

International Regular
As luck would have it, my weakest pick got through, although I really shot myself in the foot by not checking availy beforehand

weeman27bob

International Regular
I thought about going for the cheeky career rather than test career option and seeing if he'd dismissed anyone in some kind of charity game who nobody else would have thought of.

But then I realised I had better things to do than try and find scorecards for old charity games.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I reckon plenty of people like me were short of some good pace options which is why Lindy and Polly were popular
Yep. Definitely the case. But perhaps that's why I'm surprised an alternative wasn't chosen.

n00fers bowing to spikey pressure.

tired as ****, will do it tom
Yep. The threat of me being removed as host of this draft was too much for me, lol.

Now thats quite different from career isnt it?
Will resend a pick that complies tommorow.
Well yes it is. But Sheep Draft is always Tests only. I'll include the word Tests in each question though again, just for clarity.

Just waiting on Riggins, Uve and Adub. I'll post results after work.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Results

6b Select a Cricketer who Fred Trueman dismissed

PASS
ohnoitsyou
fredfertang
Valer
Spikey
weeman27bob
Pothas
Watson

FAIL
Riggins
uvelocity
(didn't pick)

Monk
(Neil Harvey, chosen in 6a)

adub
(Everton Weekes, chosen in 6a)

morgieb
(Keith Miller, chosen in 6a)

7b Select a Cricketer who's surname ends with a vowel

PASS
watson
fredfertang
adub
morgieb
weeman27bob
Monk
ohnoitsyou
Pothas

FAIL
Valer
(Michael Clarke, chosen in 7a)

Spikey
(Rohan Kanhai, already chosen)

uvelocity
Riggins
(didn't pick)

Pick a fielder who has taken 50 to 99 catches in Test career

PASS
fredfertang
Monk
weeman27bob
watson
ohnoitsyou
Valer

FAIL
adub
Spikey
(Tony Greig)

Pothas
morgieb
(Kapil Dev)

Riggins
uvelocity
(didn't pick)

Banned Players: Curtly Ambrose, Ken Barrington, Don Bradman, Greg Chappell, Alan Davidson, Kapil Dev, George Giffen, Adam Gilchrist, Tony Greig, Matt Hayden, Dennis Lillee, Ray Lindwall, Stan McCabe, Vijay Merchant, Bill O'Reilly, Shaun Pollock, Barry Richards, Chris Rogers, Bob Simpson, Garry Sobers, Fred Trueman, Hedley Verity