• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sheep Draft version 5.0

watson

Banned
Monk = Anderson Cummins
Pothas = Jason Krejza
Adub = Trevor Gripper and Rob Quiney
Valer = Mark Dekker

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Cool. Sheeps added. Onto the next set of questions. I think q7 is similar to a question in one of the previous drafts. It must have been a great question.

Q6a Select a Cricketer who Fred Trueman dismissed

Q7a Select a Cricketer who's surname ends with a vowel - a,e,I,o,u - Any debate, cricinfo player profile page to confirm.

Q8a Pick a fielder who has taken 50 to 99 catches in his career - yes a keeper is considered a fielder too.

Banned Players: Ken Barrington, Don Bradman, Greg Chappell, Alan Davidson, George Giffen, Adam Gilchrist, Matt Hayden, Stan McCabe, Vijay Merchant, Bill O'Reilly, Barry Richards, Chris Rogers, Bob Simpson, Garry Sobers, Hedley Verity - Probably not the worst idea to start looking at who has already been picked too.

Last edited:

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Just so I can keep track and stuff….

The Anderson Cummins (Canada's Coolest Cricketer) Invite XI

- Len Hutton
-
-
-
-
- Slammin' Sammy Loxton
- Farohk Engineer +
- Anderson Cummins *
- Hugh Tayfield
-
-

adub

International Captain
1. Phil Jaques
2. Trevor Gripper (baa - get yer pads on early Rob)
3. Rob Quiney (baa - no.4 you should probably pad up before the openers go out too)
5. Aravinda de Silva
8. Wilfred Rhodes (not sure what I was thinking there, not a terribad call, but Sobers, Tendulkar etc - probably would have done no worse if I had got a sheep)

you think your luck has to change, but really it doesn't

adub

International Captain
Nah rhodes as a spinner is atg material, way better than any sheep.
Yeah Rhodes is a stellar player and I picked him mainly as a spinner, but his solid batting and ability to slot into opener if I didn't get any other options (gee didn't that work out well) were also considerations. But there aren't too many dud players with a test career of 16 years or more. It would have been interesting to see who n00fers would have picked out for the sheep in that question. I was thinking Sobers before going for Wilf, but assumed (along with everyone else apparently) that there was no way he didn't get picked by some else.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yeah Rhodes is a stellar player and I picked him mainly as a spinner, but his solid batting and ability to slot into opener if I didn't get any other options (gee didn't that work out well) were also considerations. But there aren't too many dud players with a test career of 16 years or more. It would have been interesting to see who n00fers would have picked out for the sheep in that question. I was thinking Sobers before going for Wilf, but assumed (along with everyone else apparently) that there was no way he didn't get picked by some else.
It would have been:

John Traicos
Freddie Brown
Mick Commaille
Younis Ahmed
Tip Snooke
Charles Kelleway
Mushtaq Ali
Ken Viljoen

adub

International Captain
It would have been:

John Traicos
Freddie Brown
Mick Commaille
Younis Ahmed
Tip Snooke
Charles Kelleway
Mushtaq Ali
Ken Viljoen
ok so I could have done a lot worse than old Wilfred...

Snooke, Kellaway and Brown are probably a bit stiff to be lumped in with the sheep here though.

ohnoitsyou

International Regular
Nah I haven't picked either yet; between football and work haven't had the chance to go through the options

weeman27bob

International Regular
2. Trevor Goddard
3. Bill Edrich
8. Gilbert Jessop
9. Hairy Butt+
11. Murali

Looks like Butt was pretty abominable with the bat, but a fairly decent keeper so I shouldn't be too awful if I just stick him right down the order.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
1. Gordon Greenidge
2. Jimmy Cook
6. Aubrey Faulkner
7. Bob Barber
8. Jim Laker

Shaping up pretty well imo

watson

Banned
Show n' Tell time is it?

01. Jack Hobbs
02. Andy Sandham
03. Rohan Kanhai
06. Ravi Shastri
11. Neil Adcock

Andy Sandham played 3 miserable Tests against Australia but he did manage a triple century against the West Indies and 40,000 First Class runs, mostly with Jack Hobbs at Surrey. If it wasn't for a bloke called Herbert Sutcliffe then he probably would have played many more Test matches than he did.

Last edited: