• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sheep Draft version 5.0

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
****. Tried to outclever everyone by going for Harris over others and it seems I just outclevered myself!

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
RESULTS

9b Pick a Cricketer who played a Test in the 1980s (1 Jan 1980 to 31 Dec 1989)

PASS
Riggins
ohnoitsyou
fredfertang
Valer
Monk
adub
morgieb
uvelocity

FAIL
Spikey (Steve Waugh, chosen in 9a)
Watson (Ian Botham, chosen in 9a)
weeman27bob, Pothas (Waqar Younis)

10b Pick a Cricketer who played in the last Test or current Test that his country took part in (as at 24 June)

PASS
watson
fredfertang
morgieb
weeman27bob
Riggins
uvelocity
Valer
ohnoitsyou
adub
Spikey
Monk
Pothas

FAIL
nil

11b Pick anyone who has played an odd number of Tests

PASS
fredfertang
Monk
weeman27bob
watson
ohnoitsyou
Spikey
Pothas
morgieb
Riggins
adub
uvelocity

FAIL
Valer (Joel Garner chosen in 9a)

weeman27bob

International Regular
If I don't have the best spin bowling attack I'll cry.

Already have Murali, Bedi and Frank Woolley, as well as just picking up another spinner.

watson

Banned
Still one round to go so I've taken a calculated risk that has some reasonable odds of sneaking through, but could just as easily fail.

SENT

adub

International Captain
Was really struggling for quicks, but despite missing out on Harris and Vernon in that last lot I'm really happy with the two opening bowlers I pick up to compliment Collinge.

Just a shame I have 3 sheep in the top 6 whose averages are all lower than my no.9.

We'd both be in better place if we'd sorted out Barrington and Sanga between ourselves Bob...

weeman27bob

International Regular
Was really struggling for quicks, but despite missing out on Harris and Vernon in that last lot I'm really happy with the two opening bowlers I pick up to compliment Collinge.

Just a shame I have 3 sheep in the top 6 whose averages are all lower than my no.9.

We'd both be in better place if we'd sorted out Barrington and Sanga between ourselves Bob...
Would happily take either right now. Definitely missing a top quality batsman.

watson

Banned

If you want to make a competitive team then you have to take risks by picking players that everyone wants because they are great.

It's easy to avoid sheep by picking second-rate players, but where's the fun in that? A team made-up with a majority of second-rate players is for cowards. The fact that you have 3 sheep adub means that at least you've 'had a go'.

ohnoitsyou

International Regular
If you want to make a competitive team then you have to take risks by picking players that everyone wants because they are great.

It's easy to avoid sheep by picking second-rate players, but where's the fun in that? A team made-up with a majority of second-rate players is for cowards. The fact that you have 3 sheep adub means that at least you've 'had a go'.
The interesting thing about this draft has been the disproportionate amount of fails on decent rather than great players though.

adub

International Captain
and the number of absolute champions that have either had 1 or 0 picks. Sobers in Q1 just the start.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Wow! Totally didn't expect to get who I picked for the 2nd rd of Q10.

:)

watson

Banned
Hoping to improve on Sheep Draft 4.0;

Monk's Baaaaa
1 Alaistair Cook
2 Charles Bannerman
3 Stan McCabe (average of 70 at #3)
4 Greg Chappell *
5 Martin Moxon
6 Ken "Slasher" McKay
7 Mike Procter