• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Abdul Razzaq- The best since Bradman?

thierry henry

International Coach
Obviously I'm joking and the thread title is tongue in cheek, but it's ridiculous.

Razzaq has played 10 straight ODIs Vs NZ and done this pretty much in every game. In all seriousness, why does he bother batting "properly". It's totally evident that if he wants to hit a boundary he can do it more or less whenever he wants. Pakistan should have opened with him throughout this series- forgot the first ever ODI 200, he'd have got 300.

Arrow

U19 Vice-Captain
Well done to Aktar for giving his wicket and the game away to NZ so stupidly.
What a ******.

thierry henry

International Coach
Oh well, at least this won't officially go into the long list of unbelievable New Zealand chokes, although it deserves to considering how close we let them get from 80/4 off 20 overs.

You'd think after 9 games of getting killed by Razzaq, NZ would have been able to come up with a way of stopping him getting 90 off 40.

nibbs

International Captain
Some innings. Sure he can hit them at will, but I feel some sh.tty bowling from NZ really helped his cause. Adams and Mills were just terrible. My father often yells at the TV in situations like the one from tonights game, but very rarely does f*ck come out. As you can imagine, we thought we had lost it fo sho...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
It must be incredibly annoying for Kiwis that one player can keep slogging so many runs.

Kent

State 12th Man
Don't you have to be a fairly good attack to choke?!

NZ can't bat Mills at 11 without some sort of catch. Bringing Razzaq into the equation is like putting toddlers on railway lines.

It was ideal for a dead-rubber festival game, but the only time I want to see Adams again this summer is opening the bowling with Heath Davis. Preferably against Wellington!

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
thierry henry said:

Razzaq has played 10 straight ODIs Vs NZ and done this pretty much in every game.
Some interesting stats... In Razzaq's last 14 innings vs NZ he has scored 466 runs off 352 balls, average of 51.8 and Strike Rate of 132 :O

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
My grandad said they didn't have a chance, and I said "Have some faith". Suddenly Razzaq hits 24 in Adams' over. What an awesome display of raw powerful hitting.

Damn you Akhtar for being a lazy bum. :(

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
This thing about NZ having problems at the death is a load of crap..you take a look at the stats & you'll see that it happens to most teams also.

Look at Pakistan, they conceeded the same (or maybe more)amount of runs in the final overs with arguably a better bowling attack.
For some reason New Zealand are always that get high-lighted in this area, but they're not the only ones with death bowling problems.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Tim said:
This thing about NZ having problems at the death is a load of crap..you take a look at the stats & you'll see that it happens to most teams also.

Look at Pakistan, they conceeded the same (or maybe more)amount of runs in the final overs with arguably a better bowling attack.
For some reason New Zealand are always that get high-lighted in this area, but they're not the only ones with death bowling problems.
Bowling Yorkers is one of those things that looks so simple and is about fifty times harder than some realise.
Only once you try to do it do you get it.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
And yet his ODI record is massively skewed because of the series against England and India, both generally on very seam-friendly wickets.
Most of his career has been very poor, but like Harmison, his average has somehow stayed below 30 because when he has got good figures they have been very good.