• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Simon O'Donnell

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
What do you think of O'Donnell post his playing years? I have seen him just in the commentary in Australia A vs India tour match and in the post match presentations in the VB series. He states the most illogical things and asks absolutely stupid questions. He asked Ganguly how he was hitting long balls and had never seen him hit them before. Dude, that guy has been hitting the long balls to the spinners since the beginning of his career. He was also criticising Ganguly after every ball in the match vs Australia A which became boring. After seeing this guy so few times, I am thinking he doesnt exactly know his stuff as a commentator/broadcaster. Any one has any views on him?

Arrow

U19 Vice-Captain
Concerning his playing days,can anyone tell me why he retired so early into his career at the age of 28?
Noticed that a while back and have been curious because he was still one of the best all rounders in the game back then.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Pratyush said:
What do you think of O'Donnell post his playing years? I have seen him just in the commentary in Australia A vs India tour match and in the post match presentations in the VB series. He states the most illogical things and asks absolutely stupid questions. He asked Ganguly how he was hitting long balls and had never seen him hit them before. Dude, that guy has been hitting the long balls to the spinners since the beginning of his career. He was also criticising Ganguly after every ball in the match vs Australia A which became boring. After seeing this guy so few times, I am thinking he doesnt exactly know his stuff as a commentator/broadcaster. Any one has any views on him?
Don't pay any attention to the Aussie commentators. With the exception of Ian Healy all the commentators are either boring, spent or arrogant.

The commentators who did the Australia 'A' v Zimbabwe games are much better IMO.

mavric41

State Vice-Captain
Arrow said:
Concerning his playing days,can anyone tell me why he retired so early into his career at the age of 28?
Noticed that a while back and have been curious because he was still one of the best all rounders in the game back then.
He got cancer.

mavric41

State Vice-Captain
Arrow said:
He got cancer in the 80s and was recovered by the 90s
He was never the same player after that though and I think he quit because at the time he had some corporate opportunities.

Linda

International Vice-Captain
Has anyone ever noticed that thing he does when talking to someone in his little box? He looks at them, then looks at the camera with his 'thoughtful' face on. Cracks me up everytime.:lol:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
He over uses the word 'albeit'. It's like he found the word in a dictionary and decided it was his new favourite word for the next few months.

Ian Healy is going to be the best commentator in the next few years, he's absolutely awesome. He commentates like he kept back in his days, brilliantly.

Linda

International Vice-Captain
Yes Heals is good, except I get sick of him commenting about 'keeping. Sure, he was a great keeper and knows alot about it, but there are other aspects to the game:rolleyes:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
He tried pointing-out Tendulkar's faults but he got some fearful stick for that.
It's always hard to tell someone who's far better at something than you ever were how to do their trait.