• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A Short History of Mankading

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I don't think the spirit of cricket exists at international level. Certainly does at club level. But I don't accept that you can call a guy a **** for 8 hours and then insist you have played the game within the spirit it was intended. At least Mankadding visibly and more honestly violates the code rather than more insidious practices.

I had a chance to mankadd a player in a game. He was backing up way too far. I warned him once but he blew me off. It was a goodwill friendly tournament. So I had a think about it. And told the umpire to warn him as I was going to do it next ball if he wandered again. The umpire wanted to laugh me off as well but decided to take me seriously and issued said warning and all was resolved.

After the game I lost my ticket to the beer tent and was skint. So I appealed to the tournament organiser and he gave me a free ticket - which he may not have done had I have handled myself differently 3 hours earlier.