• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Windies vs NZ spreadsheet challenge

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I decided to give this a new thread to keep track of the different entrants - only expecting 3-4 peeps but it should be fun.

Instructions
1) Open up the attached spreadsheet and follow the instructions. You will name the team of XI players who you think will do the best in the test series. The formula will calculate a cost for each player. Your team needs to be a "team" with batsman, openers, keeper, bowlers etc.
2) You can't go past 1500 points or you are Disqualified.
3) You are also disqualified if you bat someone out of position. Hurricane's opinion is final on this but you can argue your case if you like. Some license will be given however so it doesn't need to be exact.
4) Once you have made your selections attach your completed spreadsheet (with your username in the file name) to a post in this thread.
5) Entries close when the first ball of the first test is bowled so you can wait until the last minute to see the line ups if you like.
6) At the end of the series you will populate the results section. Person with the highest score in the results section wins. Remember to make a new post and attach your completed spreadsheet with results in it.
7) Any errors I have overlooked in the spreadsheet let me know and I will quickly fix it.
8) You are welcome to examine the formulas to help you pick your team.
9) You are on your CW honour code not to fiddle with the formulas.

Any other questions ask.

Cheers

Attachments

Last edited:

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
I'd need a way to play without me having any comps with Excel on them anymore, ftr.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Aren't you able to just give us the values of the players in the squads and we choose them? Unsure why we need a spreadsheet.

ohnoitsyou

International Regular
When i read it originally i thought everyone submitted a team, then 'costs' were assigned based on the number of times people picked, then we re-picked.

ohnoitsyou

International Regular
Someone who's good at this sort of stuff figure out where Hurricanes messed up the weightings and game the system :ph34r:

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Okay, so that's sort of a WindieWeathers team. I'll touch it up and lock it in on Sunday.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
If I'm picking a 'keeper as a non-keeper, do I mark them as a 'keeper?

And if they're BJ Watling, do I only count his 54 'keeper catches, or all 64 of his career ones?

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Nah Watling isn't allowed to become an option in the piss-weak openers' positions. People will pick McCullum there next.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
The agribusiness will make him into an opener again. Just you watch.

NamePoints

1. Kieran Powell
  2. BJ Watling
  3. Kane Williamson
  4. Darren Bravo
  5. Brendon McCullum
  6. Denesh Ramdin +
  7. Mark Craig
  8. Tim Southee
  9. Kemar Roach
  10. Trent Boult
  11. Shane Shillingford
Total1440.25

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Yep, good team. It's so difficult for Chanders to play to his handicap, even at Sodhi Oaks Country Club. I may've made an error there.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Dan plz give me all the points for all the squads. plz dan
Having crunched the numbers and analysed all of the data, the best team for you to select is the following:

1. Rutherford
2. Brathwaite
3. Edwards
4. Gayle
5. Fulton *
6. Ronchi +
7. Neesham
8. Sodhi
9. Craig
10. Narine
11. Gabriel