• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Foxtel Turns Off the Tap

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I watch abc,sky and christian channel on basic package,will put on sports when world cup is on.I gather the CPL will not be on so will have to watch it online.
Is that the channel with the guy from Hillsong on every Sunday morning?

I thought that was a digital FTA channel.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Hate to break it you brockley but ABC is on free to air too, haha.

I've been thinking of getting rid of Foxtel the past couple of weeks too. Not really due to the sport, the sport is great, its just that there is hardly anything else I watch on the basic+sports package apart from Suits and some of the killer shows on Discovery.

Does anyone know of a good recording device similar to IQ for recording Free-to-Air?

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
High time, all matches also shown live on streaming site of ICC.
How are the ICC supposed to sell TV rights if they are streaming games on their own website?

It's high time the pay tv companies started selling pay per view streams on their websites........for a reasonable fee. Or, in the case of Foxtel and Austar in Australia, allow subscribers to just pay for sports channels without having to fork out for a basic channels package that most will never watch. Having said that though......still no good for me if they are not going to show International cricket series on the said sports channels.

brockley

International Captain
Yeh thats the 1 with Hillsong.Not a free digital channel.
Have trouble with digital tv getting abc channels so watch it on fox.
Apparently to get fox re attatched its 200 dollars so i am spending 20 dollars a month for basic package,and when world cup comes on will get sports again,only watch cricket.
Have been meaning to watch discovery more,but am obsessed with sky.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
I watch abc,sky and christian channel on basic package,will put on sports when world cup is on.I gather the CPL will not be on so will have to watch it online.
I never thought there would be enough highlights of Dan Christian's career to justify a whole channel, but there you go.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeh thats the 1 with Hillsong.Not a free digital channel.
Have trouble with digital tv getting abc channels so watch it on fox.
Apparently to get fox re attatched its 200 dollars so i am spending 20 dollars a month for basic package,and when world cup comes on will get sports again,only watch cricket.
Have been meaning to watch discovery more,but am obsessed with sky.
Sky News? Don't go drinking that Kool Aid mate.

Flametree

International 12th Man
Yep, a streaming service could at least be offered to countries not involved in the match, as it would be reasonable to assume viewers in those countries involved will always have legitimate viewing options and it's equally reasonable that the ICC wouldn't want to be in competition with companies who had purchased rights from them.

brockley

International Captain
I am political boffin,my dad was a labor member,most my family and my grandfather was a lib member.Religion tho for me was an aftertthought:cool:.As Alice Cooper said the most rebellious thing he could do was to become a christian,despite that i am still a rogue:).

Last edited:

brockley

International Captain
Rang foxtel they said they do not have cricket to December a nz series,and some other series,they don't know if they have the world cup for 2015.8-)

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
My Foxtel TV Guide says that the NZ vs WI Test match will be shown live on Fox Sports 2 tonight..

brockley

International Captain
I am happy listening to radio commentary posted here,more interested in watching England and Sri Lanka first test.The girl i talked to said Fox lost the rights,so seems a conflict with Sky who hold the rights.