• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Prodigal's Return

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah Freddy is the kind of guy who would ngaf about the IPL. Would take the money and run.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
I think him being picked by CSK was the start of the troubles for Srini Mama and Lalit Modi.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Okay I'm going to put all the provisos in first, firstly and most importantly I've been drinking all day, secondly Freddie stays fit, thirdly he carries on his form from a scant comeback so far.

Yet the question is if he keeps up his form for awhile, and I was worried about him flaring up after his first outing, is there a chance of him being picked for England in T20.

We're just talking getting a good four overs out of him forget about the batting ATM. Of course if England had lots of decent options for bowlers you could rightly poo-poo me. Yet what the **** do we have. Broad and Anderson maybe, but what else, Jade, Jordan, Plunkett, Woakes, Bres are all ridiculously expensive. Maybe Finn can come back, but honestly our options are rank.

So what are the odds?

91Jmay

International Coach
He looks in good shape and having him at 8 and bowling at the death would really help. Probably a pipe dream, but I would love it. Promising start so far for Lanky.

grecian

He looks in good shape and having him at 8 and bowling at the death would really help. Probably a pipe dream, but I would love it. Promising start so far for Lanky.
Yep pipe-dream indeed, but if he stays fit for the season who knows?

Furball

Evil Scotsman
If he stays fit then it's a no brainer. Was the best death bowler in the world by a ridiculous margin when he was last an ODI regular.

grecian

If he stays fit then it's a no brainer. Was the best death bowler in the world by a ridiculous margin when he was last an ODI regular.
Yeah, but we replaced him with Dernbach, so we hardly lost anything:unsure:

We can just hope if he stays fit and it really could/should happen. Still a big if.

GuyFromLancs

State Vice-Captain
Perhaps the boxing training taught him he can fight through the pain.

And lets face it, Big Fred a faaarrr better cricketer than boxer.

Well done

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
He said on an interview on TMS that he wouldn't rule out playing other T20 comps but was only thinking about Lancs at the minute

he was asked the question btw before any of our forum pedants try and point out a contradiction that isn't there

grecian

He said on an interview on TMS that he wouldn't rule out playing other T20 comps but was only thinking about Lancs at the minute

he was asked the question btw before any of our forum pedants try and point out a contradiction that isn't there
He was really up in this beeb interview really cool with incredible enthusiasm.