• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Current West Indian XI

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
A lot of new Windies players have been tried over the year partially because some guys have been injured at different times but partially also because of the realisation to rebuild the team.

If a West Indian XI was to be selected today with the fit players included, whom would you select? (only players who havent retired because else Walsh and Ambrose could still make the team :) )

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
CH Gayle
DS Smith
RR Sarwan
BC Lara
S Chanderpaul
DR Smith/OAC Banks
RD Jacobs
D Mohammed
M Dillon
CD Collymore
JJC Lawson/FH Edwards/JE Taylor

Backup players: WW Hinds, VC Drakes, MN Samuels

EDIT: I fogot mini-Hooper - Omari Banks.

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I wouldn't dream of claiming I know as much as Liam but this is the half-educated team I would pick:
Campbell
Gayle
Hinds
Lara
Chanderpaul
Sarwan
Jacobs
Mohammed
Dillon (no way do I think he's Test class, but he is the Bichel of West Indies)
Rampaul (simply because there presently aren't any others who haven't been tried and exposed)
Lawson (he at least seems to be more accurate than some)
I simply don't rate any of the bowlers like Taylor (though no, I've never seen them), Banks (don't need to see him), Edwards (seen enough now), Drakes, Collymore or Best and the like.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Richard said:
I simply don't rate any of the bowlers like Taylor (though no, I've never seen them), Banks (don't need to see him), Edwards (seen enough now), Drakes, Collymore or Best and the like.
That's rather ignorant. These are players, not statistics and figures.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yes, but the point of statistics is to sum-up the ability of players.
They don't always do so, but that is the idea.