Cricket Player Manager
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Chris Jordan Fan Club/Apprection Thread

Quote Originally Posted by 91Jmay View Post
    Ben Stokes would have a shot to make the Windies side as a batsmen IMO. Obviously a team giving a debut to a bat isn't exactly strong there.
    Nah, the previous batsman was Samuels who had a fantastic 2 years and the guy who replaced him is Jermaine Blackwood AKA 'the one'. Also Dwayne Bravo will be back from injury soon. So no thanks to Stokes.

International Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Beamer View Post
    Nah, the previous batsman was Samuels who had a fantastic 2 years and the guy who replaced him is Jermaine Blackwood AKA 'the one'. Also Dwayne Bravo will be back from injury soon. So no thanks to Stokes.
    Yeah, a ton at Perth > yet another West India who is 'the one'. Samuels is done, you really think he'd get in any other international sides apart from Bangladesh? Bravo is a big talent but I find it pretty funny that a team which has only just got rid of Darren Sammy is all of a sudden to good for players like Stokes.
    hendrix likes this.

Stokes would make any side in the world, IMO.

wouldnt make my side under the no rangas policy unfortunately
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I just love all kinds of balls.

Ben Stokes would have a shot to make the Windies side as a batsmen IMO. Obviously a team giving a debut to a bat isn't exactly strong there.
    I don't deny that Stokes might get a game, but you can't say that a team has a weakness or 'free spot' just because they've brought in a new player. Or no one would ever debut for strong teams, and that happens all the time.
    "Your averages, captain, coaches and players can probably survive incompetence over a relatively short series, so if youíre going to be rubbish, make sure itís against Pakistan, Sri Lanka, New Zealand or someone."

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hendrix View Post
    Stokes would make any side in the world, IMO.
    I'd love to know in place of whom in each of them from your opinion. Personally, in spite of his ton in the Ashes, I'm not too disappointed he was left out of the England squad.
    Prince EWS likes this.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Yeah, a ton at Perth > yet another West India who is 'the one'. Samuels is done, you really think he'd get in any other international sides apart from Bangladesh? Bravo is a big talent but I find it pretty funny that a team which has only just got rid of Darren Sammy is all of a sudden to good for players like Stokes.
    He has far more to do for me and looked very poor against spin in the (admittedly Limited Overs) matches against us. In a few more games I might be persuaded but not right now. I guess I need to see more of him. Adrian Barath scored an awesome hundred against Australia on a much more difficult surface at the Gabba, but look where he is now? Nowhere to be seen.

I think you might be confusing me with WW. Blackwood is going to be World Class, take that to the bank. I've seen enough of him to know it with certainty. barring injury or ill-health. He is a class above all our other prospects since Darren Bravo came on the scene.

I think I have made my opinion on the Sammy years and the St Lucian mafia quite clear.

U19 Debutant
    Sorry by 'our side' I was referring to NZ. I was saying Jordan would be very useful for his homeland, but Stokes wouldn't get in his home team ahead of Neesham and Anderson. Andy Caddick though - wish he hadn't got away!

International Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuller Pilch View Post
    Sorry by 'our side' I was referring to NZ. I was saying Jordan would be very useful for his homeland, but Stokes wouldn't get in his home team ahead of Neesham and Anderson. Andy Caddick though - wish he hadn't got away!
    Anderson is not a better test match player than Stokes at this point in my opinion. Not actually seen anything special from him in Tests, although obvious as a L.O player he has massive potential. Neesham looks a very handy cricketer though.
    hendrix likes this.

International Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Beamer View Post
    He has far more to do for me and looked very poor against spin in the (admittedly Limited Overs) matches against us. In a few more games I might be persuaded but not right now. I guess I need to see more of him. Adrian Barath scored an awesome hundred against Australia on a much more difficult surface at the Gabba, but look where he is now? Nowhere to be seen.

I think you might be confusing me with WW. Blackwood is going to be World Class, take that to the bank. I've seen enough of him to know it with certainty. barring injury or ill-health. He is a class above all our other prospects since Darren Bravo came on the scene.

I think I have made my opinion on the Sammy years and the St Lucian mafia quite clear.
    Blackwood had an excellent start but we all know there are tons of prospects who are supposedly tremendous and never pan out. Maybe Stokes wouldn't get in the Windies team, but I don't see it personally.

Doesn't move the ball much, does he?

Quote Originally Posted by marc71178 View Post
    I'd love to know in place of whom in each of them from your opinion. Personally, in spite of his ton in the Ashes, I'm not too disappointed he was left out of the England squad.
    NZ - Sodhi or Craig or Wagner. Or in the scenario of Neesham and Anderson both playing, he'd be picked ahead of one of them. He's a better bowler than all of them.
    Windies - Gabriel (or Holder).
    South Africa - Robbie P, Duminy. Depends on their lineup
    Sri Lanka - any of their bowlers but Herath.
    India - Jadeja, Ashwin, Ishant.
    Pakistan - most of their batsmen.
    Australia - Watson
    Bangladesh - take your pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuller Pilch View Post
    He'd get in the team ahead of either of them, IMO. Much better bowler, and probably as good a batsman.

I definitely wouldn't pick Stokes for South Africa or Australia.
    ~ Cribbertarian ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since Dec '09

Quote Originally Posted by John Singleton
    Recognition of Property Rights in material objects is the recognition of a manís right to exist; his right to pursue his own goals in his own manner at his own discretion with what is rightfully his to command. Just as the Right to Life is the right to the property of oneís own person, so the right to own material products is the right to sustain oneís life and to keep the results of oneís own efforts.

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    I wouldn't want him as one of 4 bowlers.

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marc71178 View Post
    I wouldn't want him as one of 4 bowlers.
    Yeah, he'd be the 4th paceman and seeing as the current guy got 5 wickets yesterday then Stokes has to wait. I agreed with him not being picked for the first test and his figures since have shown that was a good decision as he has been getting carted to all parts but his time will come.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information