• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Chris Jordan Fan Club/Apprection Thread

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Jordan 'should be with West Indies'

Interesting perspective from his mentor and Under 15 coach. Must be a bit upsetting for him to have put so much work in and see him turn out for England, but thats the way it goes, at least he's fulfilling his potential.. Also I've never heard of Jofra Archer but if he's any good the WICB better get on it pronto!
I saw Archer play for WI u19s last year in the seven game Bang series...he's a decent prospect. Bowls quite quick and just like Jordan can bat well down the order...in the end he just missed out on selection for the under 19 world cup but tbh those selctors were useless anyway. And you're right...got to tie him down early like we did with Anthony Alleyne otherwise he'll be gone aswell.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Chris Jordan dooo dooo doo doo doooooo

He's going to get a half century here and then bowl out this rabble. What a guy.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
I saw Archer play for WI u19s last year in the seven game Bang series...he's a decent prospect. Bowls quite quick and just like Jordan can bat well down the order...in the end he just missed out on selection for the under 19 world cup but tbh those selctors were useless anyway. And you're right...got to tie him down early like we did with Anthony Alleyne otherwise he'll be gone aswell.
I wish he was playing in POS today rather than being at Lords. Ben Stokes wouldn't make our side, but Jordan would be very useful for the WI.

Copied the wrong quote - was referring to CJ

Last edited:

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
I wish he was playing in POS today rather than being at Lords. Ben Stokes wouldn't make our side, but Jordan would be very useful for the WI.
Agreed, he would slot quite nicely into our side as a 3rd seamer who can bat a bit. Oh well, he wouldn't have been selected if he had opted to stay, he was behind lots in the pecking order, rightly or wrongly. I think Jason Holder has massive potential anyway so I'm not too upset. Fingers crossed Jordan has a decent test career with England.

91Jmay

International Coach
Ben Stokes would have a shot to make the Windies side as a batsmen IMO. Obviously a team giving a debut to a bat isn't exactly strong there.

Beamer

Ben Stokes would have a shot to make the Windies side as a batsmen IMO. Obviously a team giving a debut to a bat isn't exactly strong there.
Nah, the previous batsman was Samuels who had a fantastic 2 years and the guy who replaced him is Jermaine Blackwood AKA 'the one'. Also Dwayne Bravo will be back from injury soon. So no thanks to Stokes.

91Jmay

International Coach
Nah, the previous batsman was Samuels who had a fantastic 2 years and the guy who replaced him is Jermaine Blackwood AKA 'the one'. Also Dwayne Bravo will be back from injury soon. So no thanks to Stokes.
Yeah, a ton at Perth > yet another West India who is 'the one'. Samuels is done, you really think he'd get in any other international sides apart from Bangladesh? Bravo is a big talent but I find it pretty funny that a team which has only just got rid of Darren Sammy is all of a sudden to good for players like Stokes.

Howe_zat

Audio File
I don't deny that Stokes might get a game, but you can't say that a team has a weakness or 'free spot' just because they've brought in a new player. Or no one would ever debut for strong teams, and that happens all the time.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Stokes would make any side in the world, IMO.
I'd love to know in place of whom in each of them from your opinion. Personally, in spite of his ton in the Ashes, I'm not too disappointed he was left out of the England squad.

Beamer

Yeah, a ton at Perth > yet another West India who is 'the one'. Samuels is done, you really think he'd get in any other international sides apart from Bangladesh? Bravo is a big talent but I find it pretty funny that a team which has only just got rid of Darren Sammy is all of a sudden to good for players like Stokes.
He has far more to do for me and looked very poor against spin in the (admittedly Limited Overs) matches against us. In a few more games I might be persuaded but not right now. I guess I need to see more of him. Adrian Barath scored an awesome hundred against Australia on a much more difficult surface at the Gabba, but look where he is now? Nowhere to be seen.

I think you might be confusing me with WW. Blackwood is going to be World Class, take that to the bank. I've seen enough of him to know it with certainty. barring injury or ill-health. He is a class above all our other prospects since Darren Bravo came on the scene.

I think I have made my opinion on the Sammy years and the St Lucian mafia quite clear.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Sorry by 'our side' I was referring to NZ. I was saying Jordan would be very useful for his homeland, but Stokes wouldn't get in his home team ahead of Neesham and Anderson. Andy Caddick though - wish he hadn't got away!

91Jmay

International Coach
Sorry by 'our side' I was referring to NZ. I was saying Jordan would be very useful for his homeland, but Stokes wouldn't get in his home team ahead of Neesham and Anderson. Andy Caddick though - wish he hadn't got away!
Anderson is not a better test match player than Stokes at this point in my opinion. Not actually seen anything special from him in Tests, although obvious as a L.O player he has massive potential. Neesham looks a very handy cricketer though.

91Jmay

International Coach
He has far more to do for me and looked very poor against spin in the (admittedly Limited Overs) matches against us. In a few more games I might be persuaded but not right now. I guess I need to see more of him. Adrian Barath scored an awesome hundred against Australia on a much more difficult surface at the Gabba, but look where he is now? Nowhere to be seen.

I think you might be confusing me with WW. Blackwood is going to be World Class, take that to the bank. I've seen enough of him to know it with certainty. barring injury or ill-health. He is a class above all our other prospects since Darren Bravo came on the scene.

I think I have made my opinion on the Sammy years and the St Lucian mafia quite clear.
Blackwood had an excellent start but we all know there are tons of prospects who are supposedly tremendous and never pan out. Maybe Stokes wouldn't get in the Windies team, but I don't see it personally.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
I'd love to know in place of whom in each of them from your opinion. Personally, in spite of his ton in the Ashes, I'm not too disappointed he was left out of the England squad.
NZ - Sodhi or Craig or Wagner. Or in the scenario of Neesham and Anderson both playing, he'd be picked ahead of one of them. He's a better bowler than all of them.
Windies - Gabriel (or Holder).
South Africa - Robbie P, Duminy. Depends on their lineup
Sri Lanka - any of their bowlers but Herath.
India - Jadeja, Ashwin, Ishant.
Pakistan - most of their batsmen.
Australia - Watson
Bangladesh - take your pick.

He'd get in the team ahead of either of them, IMO. Much better bowler, and probably as good a batsman.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I wouldn't want him as one of 4 bowlers.
Yeah, he'd be the 4th paceman and seeing as the current guy got 5 wickets yesterday then Stokes has to wait. I agreed with him not being picked for the first test and his figures since have shown that was a good decision as he has been getting carted to all parts but his time will come.