• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in England 2014

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
WE WILL HAVE REVENGE

Thu 26 - Sat 28 June: Three-day game v Leicestershire, Grace Road

Tue 1 - Thu 3 July: Three-day game v Derbyshire, Derby

Wed 9 - Sun 13 July: First Investec Test Match, Trent Bridge

Thu 17 - Mon 21 July: Second Investec Test Match, Lord's

Sun 27 - Thu 31 July: Third Investec Test Match, Ageas Bowl**

Thu 7 - Mon 11 Aug: Fourth Investec Test Match, Emirates Old Trafford

Fri 15 - Tues 19 Aug: Fifth Investec Test Match, Kia Oval

Fri 22 Aug: Fifty-over game v Middlesex, Lord's

Mon 25 Aug: Royal London One-Day Series 1st ODI, Bristol

Wed 27 Aug: Royal London One-Day Series 2nd ODI, SWALEC Stadium

Sat 30 Aug: Royal London One-Day Series 3rd ODI, Trent Bridge

Tue 2 Sept: Royal London One-Day Series 4th ODI, Edgbaston

Fri 5 Sept: Royal London One-Day Series 5th ODI, Headingley

Sun 7 Sept: NatWest International T20, Edgbaston

Mon 8 Sept: India team departs UK

Indian Squad (Tests): MS Dhoni (capt), M Vijay, Shikhar Dhawan, Gautam Gambhir, Cheteshwar Pujara, Virat Kohli, Ajinkya Rahane, Rohit Sharma, Ravindra Jadeja, R Ashwin, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Mohammed Shami, Ishwar Pandey, Ishant Sharma, Stuart Binny, Varun Aaron, Wriddhiman Saha, Pankaj Singh

So Zaheer is out, at least partially due to injury. Gambhir is back which is pretty gun imo. Pankaj Singh really deserves this call up, good on him.

Would have been a pretty inoffensive squad (even ignoring the inclusion of Aaron) if not for Stuart ****ing Binny. In the Test Squad. What a ****ing joke.

Singh Is King

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
India Test squad announced. Gutted Zaheer Khan has not been picked. I know he hasn't done as well last couple of tours, BUT he almost single handedly won India the test series when India won 1-0 here 4 years ago.
His record in recent tours to England is fantastic, and he would always be a threat in English conditions. Indian media are not very happy as well with him being dropped for the tour.

Gambhir is the only back up batsman in the whole squad as its the bowlers who would be chopped and changed.
Starting team in my opinion and I normally get it right

1) Dhawan
2) Vijay
3) Pujara
4) Kohli
5) Sharma
6) Rahane
7) Dhoni
8) Jadeja
9) Aaron (Indias fastest ever bowler lol, who has to play imo)
10) Shami
11) Ishant Sharma (ffs!)

Bowling line up could cost India the chance of winning the series, not that there is much hope.
Confident England fans?
My prediction is 3-1 to England in the 5 tests.

Daemon

Bhuvi will almost definitely play ahead of Aaron imo. Other than that it looks right.

Daemon

I still remember how in an interview he said he didn't bowl too badly in England, while pointing to his one 4wh at Lords. Just couldn't believe the audacity.

91Jmay

International Coach
Seam attack doesn't look much, and big series for Ashwin as he needs to start bowling well away from home. Batting line up looks superb though.

OverratedSanity

MS Dhoni (capt. & wk), M Vijay, Shikhar Dhawan, Gautam Gambhir, Cheteshwar Pujara, Virat Kohli, Ajinkya Rahane, Rohit Sharma, Ravindra Jadeja, R Ashwin, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Mohammed Shami, Ishwar Pandey, Ishant Sharma, Stuart Binny, Varun Aaron, Wriddhiman Saha (wk), Pankaj Singh

That's the squad for the tour. Mixed feelings, really. Glad Zaheer has been shown the door, and that Pankaj Singh finally gets a go. I wanted Gambhir in the squad after the SA tour because I thought Dhawan would be useless overseas but he proved me wrong in NZ, so don't know how to feel about that. Dropping Yadav is bull**** but realistically only one of him and Pankaj could get in with Ishant being Dhoni's bff.

But Binny? Stuart ****ing Binny? Can't believe this ****. What has that little **** done to command a spot in the squad apart from being related to a mediocre former Indian crickete who bowled pathetic dibbly dobbly mediums. The bloke is a rubbish cricketer who is useless in all disciplines of importance on a cricket field. If he's in there to make the other guys in the squad feel a little better about themselves and think " Well we may get blanked 5-0 but atleast I'm better than this joke of an 'all rounder'" then bravo, selectors. Bravo.

Edit: Wait Aaron is in the squad? Yadav is surely better than him tbh, but whatever, atleast a young guy gets a chance

Last edited:

OverratedSanity

I still remember how in an interview he said he didn't bowl too badly in England, while pointing to his one 4wh at Lords. Just couldn't believe the audacity.
Tbf that spell at Lord's was really good. And if ****ing Dhoni hadn't taken him off immediately after lunch who knows what would've happened.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
hate the Binny selection as much as anyone; it's the selectors dreaming of what he could be, not what he is. But I can't fault them for the attitude, because presumably he fits in at 6 as part of an attacking test lineup. Of course, that doesn't make sense when Ashwin could do a much better job there, but whatever.

Like that Pankaj Singh and Pandey are getting gigs.

My team would be
1. Dhawan
2. Vijay
3. Pujara
4. Kohli
5. Rahane
6. Ashwin
7. Dhoni
8. Bhuvi
9. Shami
10. Pandey
11. Pankaj Singh.

Daemon

Binny's only there because of his father being part of the selection panel. There is simply no other legitimate reason.