• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in England 2014

karan316

State Vice-Captain
Some men aren't looking for anything logical, like wickets. They can't bowl, bat or field. Some men just want to troll the whole world.

Last edited:

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
All Ishant has in his resume is that Perth spell. It's all that's ever mentioned when Ishant bowls his once-in-5-years decent spells. I'm amazediit gets mentioned again and again as though it was as good as Curtly's 7-1 FFS.

smash84

The Tiger King
wow. Ishant. I can't believe Ishant is screwing over England.

well tbf he is bowling well atm (which is rare).

Also karan316 just did an awesome anti-jinx on ishant :p

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
A friend of mine just commented that Moeen's beard looks like one of the fake beards that the Python's wore in the Life of Brian.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Think something was said to him after yesterday evening's spell.. He was really poor yesterday and today we are seeing him bending his back, getting better pace and with the overhead conditions, better movement...

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Liking this chap bowling outswingers at the other end too. I do enjoy watching a good dibbly dobbly medium paced swing bowler when the ball's moving around.

Daemon

Think something was said to him after yesterday evening's spell.. He was really poor yesterday and today we are seeing him bending his back, getting better pace and with the overhead conditions, better movement...
He always gets excited when the ball starts to do something.

91Jmay

International Coach
Bell with a vintage Ian Bell innings/dismissal. Looks great, scoring freely then manages to half leave/half nick a wide long hop.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Given the form of Cook, has Bell got much captaincy experience? How good is he as a captain and more importantly how good is his batting when he is skipper?

karan316

State Vice-Captain
All Ishant has in his resume is that Perth spell. It's all that's ever mentioned when Ishant bowls his once-in-5-years decent spells. I'm amazediit gets mentioned again and again as though it was as good as Curtly's 7-1 FFS.
Obviously not, he has bowled some wonderful spells at the start of his career, his stats do not reflect that, he has been unlucky. Then came the time, when he was bowling horribly, technical issues in his actions,etc. when should have been dropped but he wasn't. A bit of break could have done a world of good to him, but the management decided to stick with him. He has done well in the last couple of series and earned his place in this side. But yes, there was this long period where he could have solved the issues he was having with his bowling, but he was given repeated opportunities. I think his record would have been much better if he could have got a couple of breaks when he was not doing well.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Given the form of Cook, has Bell got much captaincy experience? How good is he as a captain and more importantly how good is his batting when he is skipper?
He probably captained his school team and scored mountains of runs. Ditto his district sides prior to turning professional. And probably England's Under 18s. Doubt if he's captained much since then.

Maybe the captaincy would focus his mind, but his test average since last summer doesn't fill me with any confidence that he'd provide any sort of example. Still bats like a 24 year old that we're hoping might mature into a consistent test cricketer.

And who'd have thought it. Suddenly it's not a complete road when England are batting / India are bowling.

Daemon

Just realised that Plunkett's not too bad a batsman. Get the feeling that we'll be seeing some more rearguard action even if we do get a couple more wickets.