• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in England 2014

Flem274*

123/5
I remember watching him bowl in that series though, and Bhuvi was not very good at controlling his swing and was cannon fodder when it wasn't swinging. He would bowl several beauties early on but mix them up with outswingers going wide or straying down leg.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Both Shami and Yadav are attacking bowlers which is important, but they also are capable of leaking away runs fast, its important to have a balanced attack, and that is where Bhuvi can ft in.
They're all attacking bowlers and so they should be. This is Test cricket.

You've already got Jadeja to do the job of Not Taking Wickets.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
India may struggle to get twenty wickets but I can't see England's bowlers dominating India's batsmen like they did in 2011.
A middle order of Pujara, Kohli, Rohit and Rahane is quite formidable and I do expect them to cause some pain to England's bowlers this summer.

I feel Anderson is probably just past his peak now as a bowler. Swann is not there anymore and the third seamer is still an issue for England.
India's current middle order is not superior to the one which rocked up in England last time out ffs.

Salamuddin

International Debutant
India's current middle order is not superior to the one which rocked up in England last time out ffs.
Where did I say they were you idiot ?

On paper they may not have the reputations of the Tendulkar, Dravid and Laxman, but that doesn't mean they won't be able to get runs against this English attack.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Haven't watched India much in the past 18 months, other than a bit in South Africa? How good are they - would Stuart Broad make their side?

:ph34r:

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member

Pujara is at least = 2011 Dravid
Kohli > 2011 Tendulkar
Rahane and Rohit > 2011 Laxman and Raina

And then put Dravid opening and Yuvraj in the team...

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
And look seeing as Richard has been gone 4 years and nobody has picked up his mantle of fussing about forum etiquette nonsense

Can some lazy arse mod fix the title so it's *Official*?! Should have been done weeks ago. Would also suggest an infraction to whoever started it like that. Filth.

Spark

Global Moderator
You'd still back them to bat a fair bit better than they did last time. They've got some good players in there.

England vs. India - always brings out the best in the forum.
Quite :mellow:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Pujara is at least = 2011 Dravid
Kohli > 2011 Tendulkar
Rahane and Rohit > 2011 Laxman and Raina

And then put Dravid opening and Yuvraj in the team...
No. Nobody is equal to 2011 Dravid.

And I'm not having Kohli as being better than Tendulkar. What the **** has Kohli done in Test cricket?

Fusion

Global Moderator
Where did I say they were you idiot ?

On paper they may not have the reputations of the Tendulkar, Dravid and Laxman, but that doesn't mean they won't be able to get runs against this English attack.
Cut out the insults please.

91Jmay

International Coach
I find it unlikely Pujara (as good as he is) is going to score 461 @ 76.83 with 3 tons. Bit silly to suggest he is better than Dravid 2011.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
And I'm not having Kohli as being better than Tendulkar. What the **** has Kohli done in Test cricket?
Bettered Tendulkar in every series they played together since debut? He's then gone on to do exceedingly well against SA and NZ away from home.

I'd take the Kohli of today over 2011 Sachin easily.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
No. Nobody is equal to 2011 Dravid.

Since Perth 2012, he's been superb everywhere against every opposition he's faced.

But we've got to remember that coming into that last England tour, our batting was in sensational form. Everyone, and I mean everyone apart from maybe dravid (ironically) was coming into that England series on the back of atleast a couple of seasons of godlike form. Their decline only really began in that serves, so saying that our current lineup is better than that one was at that moment in time is really not true at all.