• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in England 2014

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
How quick was it? Seemed to be a regulation full pitched straight ball. Shouldn't be getting out to stuff like that.
Yeah looked better on first viewing than it did on replay

I'm a sucker for stumps flying. Always such an impressive sight that my immediate reaction is nearly always heeeey that's a beauty. Then you watch again...

Howe_zat

Audio File
Alex Hales is going to be opening in the West Indies isn't he? :(
Wouldn't be surprised.

If anything though the opener revolving door problem is just yet another reason why picking 'whoever's doing well in county cricket this week' just fails more often than not. The people who will be determined to drop him in April - probably for Lyth or someone - will be the same people who were adamant about picking him I'm quite sure. Namely, people who fail to recognise that Test cricket and county cricket aren't the same thing

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Unless maybe Trott comes back for next summer? Opener could be his easiest way back into the side, or George Dobell mentioned that Ballance saw himself as an opener, something that came as news to me I must say. This is all wild speculation of course, a comeback is still very unlikely you would have to say.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Wouldn't be surprised.

If anything though the opener revolving door problem is just yet another reason why picking 'whoever's doing well in county cricket this week' just fails more often than not. The people who will be determined to drop him in April - probably for Lyth or someone - will be the same people who were adamant about picking him I'm quite sure. Namely, people who fail to recognise that Test cricket and county cricket aren't the same thing
If I'm not mistaken you're less against using ODIs as a selectorial tool for Tests than most, would that be fair to say?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Seeing Simon Jones has reminded me that I had a dream last night that he was in our World Cup squad

Howe_zat

Audio File
If I'm not mistaken you're less against using ODIs as a selectorial tool for Tests than most, would that be fair to say?
Generally. I like the idea of bringing the teams a bit closer together, and the best players are usually just the best players.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Bat not coming down straight definitely played a part there. He didn't have to get that far forward because it was so full but he played completely down the wrong line because he couldn't get his bat round.

CWB304

U19 Cricketer
Seeing Simon Jones has reminded me that I had a dream last night that he was in our World Cup squad
What a bowler he was! Those injuries robbed England of potentially one of its best ever bowlers. And seems like such a nice guy.