• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in England 2014

cnerd123

likes this
After this tour the lot of them should just stay in England and play some County Cricket.

Except Gambhir, he can **** off.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Yeah, I think the BCCI are ***** but no worse than ECB or CA.
I've no love for either board, the ECB especially, but the BCCI's fingers-in-their-eyes-whilst-head-up-their-own-arse stance on UDRS moves them above them in the "worst controlling board" league IMHO.

Pretty sure SL's is the worst tho; when a player of Sanga's standing and intelligence openly calls out his own board doing the Cowdry Lecture I think it's pretty fair to conclude it must be ****house.

TBH I get the impression that very few of the comms on Sky or Radio actually watch any CC.
I think the ones who do (Bumble and Athers) are pretty obvious. Nass sees a fair bit of domestic LO stuff, but Botham, Holding and Warne clearly don't.

Blocky

Banned
I think the fear factor for England is that they think they've turned a corner and now have a performing side again... I think the reality is they're playing a very brittle and weak India team and the next time England face up to stiff competition again they'll be back to where they were.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Looking down that list makes me realise that there are some pretty average Test match bowlers nowadays aren't there?

Makes the talk of Moeen being a 'part time' spinner laughable frankly. How many spinners in the world are for certain better than him? Herath, Ajmal, Lyon. Anyone else?
Rehman is a good bowler.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Great display from England but India were embarrassingly bad

Unless they show a lot of improvement, I have no interest in seeing them here next summer as it will be a slaughter

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
TBH I get the impression that very few of the comms on Sky or Radio actually watch any CC.
They don't. Charlie Dagnall off TMS and Boycott as he watches Yorkshire getting a free lunch are probably the only ones who do. Oh and Vic Marks.

The rest see nothing but the tv stuff we see.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
They don't. Charlie Dagnall off TMS and Boycott as he watches Yorkshire getting a free lunch are probably the only ones who do. Oh and Vic Marks.

Even just watching that and the Championship highlights videos that get released online could've told you Moeen had vastly improved as a bowler over the last couple of seasons, though.

Hell, even just peering over the scorecards once a week...

LegionOfBrad

International Debutant

Of the main commentators on TMS you're right probably only Vic Marks and Dagnall, anyone who follows some of the county journo's (Lizzy Ammon etc) would know that he has vastly improved. Atherton does watch some county cricket though if you read his columns. I have a feeling that the only exposure Beefy gets to cricket is when he's in the com box, and he probably doesn't watch when he's at the ground and not in the box.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Even just watching that and the Championship highlights videos that get released online could've told you Moeen had vastly improved as a bowler over the last couple of seasons, though.

I don't think that's fair as it's not so much the quality of him as a bowler but the sort of bowler he turned out to be that many have been wrong about, myself included. Among English spinners with 20 wickets, he currently has the best strike rate since Colin Blythe and the worst economy rate since Ian Salisbury. That's not the sort of record you get from an offspinner who bats at six and it's going to be slow for people to adjust. It's also not the sort of spinner that lots of people thought they would be picking when they advocated him 'doing a job' with four seamers either.

flibbertyjibber

True, he has surprised me though as I thought he'd improved to a crap international spinner standard but he is a long way past that.

Burgey

Good to get home after a weekend away and switch on day four of this thrilling test.

Oh....

Howe_zat

Audio File
Thought it actually was a thrilling Test up until that Root-Buttler partnership just before the rain came on Friday. When England were 170-6 or what ever it was on the second morning both sides were playing really well on a high quality wicket. After the rain India were just ****e.

morgieb

Even doing that wouldn't have predicted how well he's gone in Test match cricket. Yes his last couple of seasons with the ball has been fine, but even then he was taking about 30-odd wickets @ ~> 30 - not really dominant figures. Yet here he's averaging low 20's and taken 19 wickets. I think his performances would've stunned even the most fervent Moeen backer.