• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in England 2014

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Only in England can you prepare for a rain delay 20 mins before it ****ing happens........get the **** on with it until you can't play anymore FFS.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Yeah, good work from the umpires keeping them on as long as they did. Was sure they'd go off a couple of overs ago. Good for England too, the 9 overs until the new ball will be with a wet ball.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Why the obsession to move Root back up to the top? Middle order is looking good with Ballance, Bell and Root 3,4,5. If we're replacing Robson, it should be with a proper opener (Lyth), not Root.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, I swear if they stick Root back up the top that will be the end of it for me........they ****ed the bloke up once, can't be doing it again.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Agreed. He's averaging 69 in 8 Tests batting 5 with a strike rate of over 50, compared to 37 at number 2, at a strike rate of 40. He's not done too badly at #2, but I think it's obvious to most that he not only scores better at #5, but looks much better in that position too.

:laugh: Bumble's impression of Willis is so awesome. Wish he'd do a whole commentary spell in Bob's voice, probably speak more sense.

Last edited:

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Colour me surprised if they get any more play today

saw about 10 pedestrians get obliterated by spray from buses on the way home

Stapel

International Regular
Why the obsession to move Root back up to the top? Middle order is looking good with Ballance, Bell and Root 3,4,5. If we're replacing Robson, it should be with a proper opener (Lyth), not Root.
I fully agree.

When picking a new opener, it makes sense to see which opener does best in FC division I. So, if Robson is gonna be axed, it should be Lyth or Hales (The fact he does well as a T20 opener, does NOT mean he cannot be suited for Tests). Must say that Robson is having an impressive FC season too.

Last edited:

Stapel

International Regular
Inspection at 4:30 probably back on ~ 5pm. Sun is out so hopefully we'll get another couple of hours.
Sun is out, right? Wouldn't surprise me if we start rather sooner than later. I take it Old Trafford has the very very best drainage system in the world.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Ground looks a bloody mess. So much water on the surface, and even more beneath. Be surprised if we get back on anytime soon.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Just saw on cricinfos twiiteer-feed, Warney thanking Piers Morgan for loving him and Bumble on commentary, and asking Moron whether Hales should be in for Robson in the next Test.

Is there anyway of turning that off, as I generally choose whom I read the tweets of because I don't wish to smash my brain out with a brick after reading them.

LegionOfBrad

International Debutant
Unfortunately because Warne likes to show his whole feed what super friends he is with other celebs he always adds a full stop in from of his @ messages so everyone gets to see them. Not a lot you can do except unfollow Warne.