• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in England 2014

YorksLanka

International Debutant
Congrats to England on a thoroughly deserved win in this match. The took every day of the match IMO . Onto OT next week making the series much more interesting viewing for the neutrals.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Anderson should be Man of the Match for me. Without his bowling India would have up near 500 and game over. Take out and replace any of the other players and I still think England win.

Flametree

International 12th Man
I don't usually like too many of the cricinfo comments from the audience, but "don't tell bowlers to remove wristbands" is a good one...

Teja.

Global Moderator
Yeah, it's pretty ****ing hard for me to say this but Vampire James should be the man of the match. He was clearly the most important player on either side.

91Jmay

International Coach
Cook for me. Big runs under pressure, made great calls as a captain all game (Ali on early, positive field placings, Root on at Dhawan, moving Jimmy to close catcher the ball before Shami edges it to him).

Kirkut

International Regular
Negative cricket from India, lots to worry about.

Bhuvaneshwar Kumar seems to be breaking down now, he was around 82 mph in the first 2 tests and now he's dropped to mid 70's mph. He may not last all five tests.

Pujara's lack of form is a major worry too. He scored superbly against Steyn and Morkel in SA last year, batted very well against Swann and Panesar the year before that and to see him get out to ordinary deliveries is not doing justice to his class.

Shami needs a break, he has lost his outswinger and needs to get it back.

Tromperie

Cricket Spectator
Do we reckon England should risk resting Broad for the next test and bring in Plunkett if they want to go 2-1 up at the end of the Old Trafford test? Persisting with Anderson and Broad for all five tests risks bowling them into the ground, particularly if India's batting bounces back next time round.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Rahane looks very very good.

That's it.
Bleh. Nothing new. Pujara and Kohli failed again, dhawan continued to suck, Rohit was **** as expected, Pankaj had an unfortunate nightmare, slips continued to grass half the chances, Shami disappointed yet again. Complete disaster.