• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in England 2014

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Shami, Yadav and Pankaj should be our bowling attack. Even idiots could tell you that. Just look at me. But the turds that are the selectors and Dhoni don't get it. Dhoni can be such a douche when he isn't winning ODIs for us.
Shami yes but either or both of Yadav could be replaced by Bhuvi and Pandey and it'd be worth a shot.

Shri

Mr. Glass
We have 2 bowlers in the setup who can hit 90Mph now and one who can hit 85Mph(Yadav/Aaron/Shami) but do any one of them know how to bowl good bouncers to surprise batsmen?

YorksLanka

International Debutant
Drawn tour match but the indian bowlers appear to have been smashed - hopefully this is just down to rustiness and getting acclimatised to English conditions...I say hopefully because as a neutral, I want to see a close series between these teams..

Last edited:

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
No idea what to expect from India but if Cook is in charge we will probably limp to a defeat over the series no matter how bad they are.

Flem274*

123/5
India fought pretty well in South Africa and NZ. Hopefully they can continue the reasonable form and England bounce back from the Sri Lankan defeat to make an exciting series.

Leading into the 2011 series though India were playing pretty well irrc. Then the Broad-pocalypse happened. From memory they had England in trouble sometimes when England were batting but it didn't matter because Broad kept blowing all bar Dravid off the park.

Spark

Global Moderator
India were actually playing alright in that series right up until Broad got the hattrick IIRC. Then it all went to poo.

smash84

The Tiger King

smash84

The Tiger King

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, then he went and did it again about 4 more times throughout the series.
Well yes, but in the situation of the match at that moment, it was simply diabolical. All he had to do was not embarass himself while dravid continued to build a lead for us at the other end. **** him. Prime contender for worst msd moment.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
India were actually playing alright in that series right up until Broad got the hattrick IIRC. Then it all went to poo.
Their bowling in the first dig at Lord's was woeful but they threatened to get back into it with a fine spell from Ishant on day four IIRC. It was one of those situations we see in the 3rd innings though where you really need a sub-150 skittling and one partnership kills it off. Think it was Prior and Morgan who took care of it. I was on a driving lesson and panicking the whole time having just seen us implode in the morning.

but yeah at Trent Bridge they had a cracking day and a half. Bun was talking about natural order being restored. Then Broad took a hat-trick and well, you know the rest

Shri

Mr. Glass
Well yes, but in the situation of the match at that moment, it was simply diabolical. All he had to do was not embarass himself while dravid continued to build a lead for us at the other end. **** him. Prime contender for worst msd moment.
He doesn't have the game for the innings we wanted him to play. Simply not capable.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Nah we even played well after that - early on England were in strife in their second innings.

Went to poo when Bell started his innings and killed it.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Nah we even played well after that - early on England were in strife in their second innings.

Went to poo when Bell started his innings and killed it.
Yeah fair point you had us one down early on didn't you? And Trott couldn't bat 3.

He came out to bat at 7 or 8 zombied, highlight of the series for me

Spark

Global Moderator
Their bowling in the first dig at Lord's was woeful but they threatened to get back into it with a fine spell from Ishant on day four IIRC. It was one of those situations we see in the 3rd innings though where you really need a sub-150 skittling and one partnership kills it off. Think it was Prior and Morgan who took care of it. I was on a driving lesson and panicking the whole time having just seen us implode in the morning.

but yeah at Trent Bridge they had a cracking day and a half. Bun was talking about natural order being restored. Then Broad took a hat-trick and well, you know the rest
They bowled Raina after lunch on Day 4 at Lords IIRC. It was Prior and Broad who saved you, back when that sort of thing happened like clockwork.

The little mini-session at the end of Day 1 at TB was some of the best cricket I've seen, just quietly. Incredible bowling from Anderson and Broad with the new cherry and equally high quality batting from Dravid and Laxman to keep it out.