• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in England 2014

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Forgetting Cook was hapless against a Sri Lankan pace attack which is arguably weaker than India's. If he doesn't register a good score in this series is he done for? (for the time being)

cricmahanty

School Boy/Girl Captain
There's not much separating the Indian and the Sri Lankan attacks at the moment, to be honest. India's soi-dissant leader of the attack has a 40+ average and a strike rate tending to infinity. While the other two quicks have played only a handful of test matches.

Bhuvi in tests has been nowhere near to success he has enjoyed in ODIs though it could be argued that most of his tests have been home tests where not much can be asked out of a fast bowler.

Atleast on paper, Bhuvi and Shami are no different from Eranga and Pradeep. Probably only a tad better, but that's it. And Nuwan Kulasekara is a 100x better bowler for English conditions, than Ishant Sharma

Sri Lanka also had the dibbly-dobbly cutters friom Angelo to fall back on when their pacers got tired. India have only one such bowler in the squad who'll, in all probability, not do much on the tour apart from carrying bottles and changing bat grips.

Last edited:

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Bhuvi is on a similar level to Kulasekara from what I've seen, but Shami is better than Eranga, not by that much, but definitely a bit better, Sharma is probably around the same level of Pradeep/Prasad, actually he's probably a little better on the evidence we saw in NZ and SA

cricmahanty

School Boy/Girl Captain
Shami tends to get carried away a little on pitches that have a lot to offer to the fast bowlers. Based on the handful of test matches he has played so far (2 at home and 4 abroad) it could arguably be said that he strangely looks a much better bowler when the pitch gets drier. An abrasive pitch scruffs up the ball faster for him to get his reverse swing going. He's good with the old ball.

But with the new ball, he looks to pitch it shorter than his usual length is and thus doesn't bother the batsman much.

Ishant could be Dhammika Prasad one day and turn up the next morning to be Wes Hall. Alright, that's an exaggeration but you never quite know what's coming from him. Tbh though, I wouldn't read much into his good performances in NZ. That he got wickets is a different thing but his lengths were still pretty erratic.

Flem274*

123/5
Shami is considerably better than anyone Sri Lanka have. So is Yadav, but the morons didn't pick him.

Considering the 6 months England are having I wouldn't be surprised if Ishant trolls the cricketing world again on this tour.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pankaj Singh's opening the bowling with Bhuvi, hopefully it's a sign. Has a wicket as well, WAG.

Daemon

Ok it's not funny anymore..

Would be great to see both Robson brothers open for England.

morgieb

I kinda hope Sharma plays and somehow bowls well. The collective taste would be too good to ignore.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Shami is considerably better than anyone Sri Lanka have. So is Yadav, but the morons didn't pick him.

Considering the 6 months England are having I wouldn't be surprised if Ishant trolls the cricketing world again on this tour.
I hate to come into this thread and start by ****ting all over the Indian bowling attack but ...."Considerably"? You think so?

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Our seam attack on paper is just as bad as SL.. But SL have proven themselves in these conditions.. We have not.. Ergo, SL pace attach >> India's...

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Shami, Yadav and Pankaj should be our bowling attack. Even idiots could tell you that. Just look at me. But the turds that are the selectors and Dhoni don't get it. Dhoni can be such a douche when he isn't winning ODIs for us.