• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in England 2014

Teja.

Global Moderator
Thank god Ali got rid of Jadeja with a little bit of dignity, I was feeling embarrassed for Jadeja as a fellow human being thinking what what would happen if Jimmeh Anderson came on.

Last edited:

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
All you can say is it is a shame Broad's 250th wicket wasn't a guy who has talent and fights.

India will still get 250 judging by the way the lower order batted last test.

91Jmay

International Coach
Credit to Cook for going with Moeen, for a bloke who can bat 8 wickets in 4 games on pretty flat pitches isn't a bad return.

uvelocity

International Coach
saw a few bits and pieces of this at the club, what are the poms playing at? didnt see really anything much of the last test, but can't see a massive first innings athon on a pitch like this, didn't see the games v sri lanka but again when australia was over there everything was dry and dished up for swann. i dont mind a bit of home advantage but it seems they are taking the piss and really setting things up artificially for what they will think will work. going a bit overboard judging by this one imo.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Anderson is 23 wickets away from being England's top wicket taker in tests - currently Sir Beefy. Interesting thing about Botham is that has a **** lot more than 5-fors than any of the other English bowlers with 250+ wickets. He has 27 michelles and Trueman, Underwood, Swann all have 17, the third highest number and Anderson has 16.

Oh, Barnes at second place in this regard has 24 phiphers in 27 games with 189 wickets. Jesus.

Last edited:

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Can't really complain about Kohli and Pujara's dismissals. Good bowling. Dhoni and Jadeja were always going to be bunnies here. So it's okay I guess..

Shri

Mr. Glass
Its all good. Our best bat Bhuvi will ton up and take us past 300 with Rahane. Not his fault that lesser (bats)men bat before him.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Will the pitch lose its pace bowling assistance gradually from tomorrow or is it going to play with very little deterioration throughout?

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
In tests. He isn't wrong. MSD isn't worth a test bat's asshole and he should ideally bat at 8 and slog at everything overseas and fluke a few runs. Ash should bat at 7 obvz.
I am sorry, but having a weakness as a batsman on swing havens is not the same thing as not having talent and fights. The man just scored 82 in the last test. Has 6 test centuries. Flibbertyjibber can go and stuff his nonsense.

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
Anderson scored 81 on the same track, hell you could probably score some runs on that track it had nothing for the bowlers.

Teja.

Global Moderator
I am sorry, but having a weakness as a batsman on swing havens is not the same thing as not having talent and fights. The man just scored 82 in the last test. Has 6 test centuries. Flibbertyjibber can go and stuff his nonsense.
That probably was not the most considered post but can we not turn this into a feud?

Spark

Global Moderator
saw a few bits and pieces of this at the club, what are the poms playing at? didnt see really anything much of the last test, but can't see a massive first innings athon on a pitch like this, didn't see the games v sri lanka but again when australia was over there everything was dry and dished up for swann. i dont mind a bit of home advantage but it seems they are taking the piss and really setting things up artificially for what they will think will work. going a bit overboard judging by this one imo.
nah, these are the sort of pitches england should roll out all the time

Teja.

Global Moderator
I don't mind tbh as long as the world doesn't mind if India keeps rolling out pitches where Ashwin averages 13 wickets a game @ 12.

Last edited: