• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in England 2014

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Better. Now let's see if we an really make it count.

And as for what Broad was playing at in his last over, I have absolutely no effing idea.

Watson33

U19 12th Man
People will get bored of me saying this, but England need to look at other avenues other than Matt Prior. Push Stokes up to 7 and bring Foster in.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
People will get bored of me saying this, but England need to look at other avenues other than Matt Prior. Push Stokes up to 7 and bring Foster in.
And people may get bored with me agreeing with you. Either Foster or Read at 8, anyway.

dermo

International Vice-Captain
i don't know the state of english wicketkeeping but with ali and stokes in the side i wouldve thought england can afford to pick the best keeper, regardless of batting ability.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Pujara is a serious player, his ability to weather the storm is as impressive as his ability to up the ante when he's required to. His 153 in SA was a serious masterclass.

On a side note is this pitch gonna remain like this or is it more of a day one seamer and it will flatten out soon?

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Pujara is a serious player, his ability to weather the storm is as impressive as his ability to up the ante when he's required to. His 153 in SA was a serious masterclass.

On a side note is this pitch gonna remain like this or is it more of a day one seamer and it will flatten out soon?
Probably the latter, given the weather. It's already getting easier, although that may be due to the ball softening as well.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
There's lots of comments elsewhere comparing this match to Leeds in 2002, where India batted first in tough conditions, England bowled poorly and Dravid batted supremely well to see India through the first day. Thereafter, India's middle order cashed in and England folded without much of a fight.

EDIT
So much for the Pujara/Dravid comparison.
And let's see if someone can send down a few more in the right areas before they've reached 150.

Last edited: