• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Too darn COOOOLLLLDDD!

TriCitySteve

TriCity Moderator
Well, since absolutely NO ONE seems interested in actually chatting about Tri-City Cricket club out here on the Cricket Web, I figure I might as well post something.

Right now in upstate NY (NOT New York City... we're about 3 hours north), temperatures have plummeted to a record -30 to
-50 below zero F. That's MIGHTY cold, and certainly not cricketing weather. We even had to cancel our indoor practice for this evening because the local school district closed all the schools due to the cold weather.

So, it looks like it's time to break out the video tapes of recent matches from warmer climes (ie: Australia) and watch enviously.

But it's ALSO time to start scheduled fixtures for the upcoming season, as it most certainly will thaw out around here come April & May.

Enough typing to myself. On the OFF chance that someone drops in here, at least something's posted!

Steve (the only one who seems to care about this forum) Weisse
President - Tri-City Cricket Club
Schenectady, NY

Eyes_Only

International Debutant
Hey Steve...

Long time no chat...

We have just had over a week of rain and are on full flood alert! The river has broken it's banks in a couple of places but nothing serious has happened yet!!

Hope all is well in your part of the world...

Eyes

TriCitySteve

TriCity Moderator
Eyes,
Good to "see" from you again! Sorry to hear about the rain, but you have to admit, -40 F is pretty brutal. I didn't even go out of the house today it was so cold!

It's days like this that make me think "Hmmm, maybe I could live in Australia half the year, and the U.S. the other half. Then I could play cricket year 'round!". But something tells me the economics of that plan wouldn't work out..... since I'd actually need a job in both places.

Well, Eyes, thanks for taking pity on me and posting something out here. I don't know why I can't get any of my teammates to poke around out here, even during the offseason. I guess it's a matter of time before they get on board.

Ooorroo, and all that stuff..

Steve

Rich2001

International Captain
Steve,

I have been asked to ask you the following

"Where is the club located in ny and how can i join this?. Can I join by phone or do i have to come there and if i can join by phone what is the phone number"

TriCitySteve

TriCity Moderator
Rich2001,
We are located in upstate NY, about 3 hours due north of New York City, in Schenectady (that's pronounced ska-NEK-tah-dee, in case it wasn't obvious.... :lol: ).

Under "Contact Information" I have listed my phone number, as well as the Vice-President, and Captain. I also list my email address for those wishing more information.

Our assumption is that if people are interested in joining, they will contact us via either phone or email. We welcome all to come out and join, as we usually have at least one match per weekend from April to October (unless the weather is CRAP like it was a lot of the time last season!!).

Hopefully, that answers your questions. Feel free to email me if you need more info.

Steve

Eyes_Only

International Debutant
TriCitySteve said:
Eyes,
Good to "see" from you again! Sorry to hear about the rain, but you have to admit, -40 F is pretty brutal. I didn't even go out of the house today it was so cold!

It's days like this that make me think "Hmmm, maybe I could live in Australia half the year, and the U.S. the other half. Then I could play cricket year 'round!". But something tells me the economics of that plan wouldn't work out..... since I'd actually need a job in both places.

Well, Eyes, thanks for taking pity on me and posting something out here. I don't know why I can't get any of my teammates to poke around out here, even during the offseason. I guess it's a matter of time before they get on board.

Ooorroo, and all that stuff..

Steve
Greetings once again Steve...

The rain has finally stop and now it's a stinking hot 100 degrees F.

The good thing is that the river is flowing again and the dams are full...Just hope there's more coming so the drought may be broken once and for all!!

Take care...

Eyes