• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ATG XI Draft Thread Draft

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Aim :
To create a shortlist of the best threads in CC

Rules :
6 picks per drafter
24 hours to pick
Thread must contain the word 'ATG' (or some variant thereof, my decision is final) or 'Draft'
Winner will be decided by Burgey who has agreed to read through each list and provide a 250 word summary on what he most enjoyed about it.

Eds

International Debutant
Presumably this thread will be disallowed given that statistically those words will likely feature twice as much as any other draft thread?

HeathDavisSpeed

In. This is a topic I can wax lyrical on.

But guys who aren't going to make picks in the allotted 5 minute daily spells can buzz off.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Good thread started by CW's angry ant, wannabe lawyer.

Happy to act as the sole arbiter of good posting on this site. It's a role I am better equipped for than anyone else.

I will agree to accept the position on the basis that those who started threads which I think don't pass muster are banned for six months.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
****ing lawyers, ruining the world and forums everywhere...

Jarquis

"Angry ant, wannabe lawyer" - so according to your thread I have more character than 98% of the forum, so I'll take it.

I amend the draft rules so that anyone who misses their turn is banned until the completion of the draft. Admittedly this does leave us in an awkward position if everyone misses ago but I'm sure Burgey will mourn the losses of the fallen drafters who are never to return.

Jarquis

Holding up the draft is just rude isn't it? And doing so warrants a punishment for damaging forum atmosphere - that's my logic

Burgey

Yes, yes it is very rude. As has been noted by other forum members who plainly have no spontaneity in their existence, if you have things in your life which impact on your ability to participate in a draft in a timely manner, then you shouldn't volunteer to enter the draft in the first place.

Jarquis

Nothing should impact on your ability to partake in a draft. Nothing. What's more important?

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
What I don't get is people who have no interest in participating in drafts being ****s about people who do....

People bang on about "forum atmosphere" then s****** and act superior to other people.

Whatever. The pettiness is far more **** than someone who likes drafts to run efficiently.

HeathDavisSpeed

For the record, the only recent draft I've participated in was the Associate Draft. I found that bloody interesting because I ended up finding out information about a lot of unsung players of yesteryear that I had no idea about before; some of whom I picked myself. But different strokes for different folks and all that.

Burgey

What I don't get is people who have no interest in participating in drafts being ****s about people who do....

People bang on about "forum atmosphere" then s****** and act superior to other people.

Whatever. The pettiness is far more **** than someone who likes drafts to run efficiently.
But I am superior to other people....

Daemon

You're allowed to be a dick when a) enough people like you or b) you're a crab

Burgey

c) when other people are too stupid to understand subtle points, and you have to beat them over the head for it to get through.

Jarquis

Hey, I ran a draft not long ago so meh. The fact I was repeatedly late to pick while running it shows how seriously I take them mind.