• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australia's next test debutant

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Have a crack at who you think it will be. First person to post the next debutant player wins. Once a player debuts, the whole comp resets and people can pick again. You can change your choice if you like, but the first person to select the next debutant without changing their pick wins....

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Cameron Boyce.

We're in the UAE next and we're overdue for our annual "drop a solidly-performing spinner for someone younger" fix.

Riggins

International Captain
Was going to go with a debut gag but will roll the dice and go with cracker whiteman.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
This would be pretty interesting for all the teams actually.

I still reckon Fawad Ahmed will get a go at some point, maybe the second test in the UAE if the Aussie quicks can't get the job done and Ajmal/Rehman run riot

Riggins

International Captain
This would be pretty interesting for all the teams actually.

I still reckon Fawad Ahmed will get a go at some point, maybe the second test in the UAE if the Aussie quicks can't get the job done and Ajmal/Rehman run riot
jeez please no.

Riggins

International Captain
The weird thing is there's so many guys on the fringes who have played a handful or even just one test. So many guys who you would guess are the first choice backups for every role wouldn't be debuting. I can't really remember it being like this.

Riggins

International Captain
And it's not like any of them Bails Bailey aside really showed they should be permanently marked off either.

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah personally I'd say Maxwell being recalled, for instance, is more likely than a new spinner being blooded.

Riggins

International Captain
Yeah the next in line for the spinner spot is the only one you wouldn't really know what's going on with. Could easily just be Agar though in a year or two.

Riggins

International Captain
He's a good shout for sure, but I'd have Siddle, Bird, Starc and maybe Cummins ahead of him. Obviously with their collective injury records it's a lottery but still, and that's without thinking about recalling the older guys for a one off series as a short term injury replacement.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
so you don't think we'll debut anyone for another twelve+ tests? itstl
Back to the good old days that its harder to get out of the team than it is to get back in. But yeah, I completely forgot that the WACA is being overlooked for a Test this summer.