• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australia's next test debutant

adub

International Captain
Bankers might miss out for a while if Joe performs. I don't know that they'd see him as anything other than an opener.

We might be some time off a debut with a lot of guys on the fringes who have played a few tests ie Moz, Forkers, SOK, Patto, Agar, Maxy, Smarsh.

I'll punt on the next debut being a middle order bat to replace Voges/SMarsh so probably a Chris Lynn with Mad Dog an outside chance.

adub

International Captain
Yeah Ferg. Kinda depends on how long Voges goes for and if Smarsh slots back in as his replacement, but definitely not out of it if they need a 5 in the next 12 months or so.

Flem274*

123/5
I'm kinda surprised Ferguson isn't in the mix. The selectors were in love back when he wasn't dominating FC and he's always looked pretty good in ODIs or whatever he got picked for and I gather in domestic cricket. Now that he actually appears to be good I'd have thought he'd cruise in ahead of guys like Khawaja.

Speaking of selectorial loves, what did Peter Forrest do with himself after he was dropped from the ODI team?