• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australia's next test debutant

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
IIRC a while ago I put up a UAE XI that looked something like this:

1. Rogers
2. Warner
3. Doolan
4. Clarke
5. Smith
6. Maxwell/Marsh
7. Haddin
8. Johnson
9. Starc/O'Keefe
10. Siddle
11. Lyon

Where either Maxwell/Starc or Marsh/O'Keefe would play in combination.

With his performances this ODI tour, I think it may well be the Marsh/O'Keefe (or Boyce) option. Please be Marsh & SoK debuting.

All depends on Twatto, tbh.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
After recent performances, he might have moved into favouritism.
Even before that, with the Pakistan tour coming up they'd always have the option of bringing in an all-rounder, for the second spinner or to stack the bowling on a flattie. A la Moises; and Mitch Marsh has been anointed long ago.

dermo

International Vice-Captain
imagine if say rogers got injured and they played finch over hughes, would be so amazing

adub

International Captain
Still not counting out

6: Haddin
7: Maxwell
8: Johnson
9: Siddle
10: Lyon
11: Hilfenhaus

you know Australian selectors are more than capable of this

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
My fear is that Arun makes some runs in the ODIs and snags a wicket or two and all of a sudden is our Test #6.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
My fear is that Arun makes some runs in the ODIs and snags a wicket or two and all of a sudden is our Test #6.
Watch him then come in and average 40+ from the get go.

adub

International Captain
tbf Mitch does have a solid fc bowling record. Excellent sr and good ave/econ. More than handy in the 4th seamer role. Batting is well Arun like. Looks like he's almost a cert though so fingers crossed this rich form he's had since the Shield Final is how he intends to go from here on.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Next test is 22nd Oct….

Dan- Cameron Boyce

Riggins- Sam Whiteman

Maximas- Fawad Ahmed

Uvelocity- Coulter-Nile

Morgieb- Chris Lynn

Nufan- Josh Hazlewood

Burgey- Jordan Silk

TopCat- Aaron Finch
Pretty funny that only Haze has actually played a Test.

New round, who will be Test debutant number 444??