• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

West Indies cricket discussion

listento_me

U19 Captain
As much as there's all this talk of Bravo not getting that contract, he hasn't exactly been on fire has he?

My only issue is that lesser players than Bravo have that type of contract so why not Bravo?

There's some real issues with the board, background shenanigans, fighting, corruption, all sorts. Many top West Indian athletes are already being lost to track and field and basketball so the talent pool is shrinking as it is, these types of issues only make things worse.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Bravo's performances have not lived up to the talent he clearly has. Yes, perhaps three times out of ten he'll come off and look brilliant, but when ones looks at his home record for example it's simply not good enough. He should have just held his tongue, got on with the tour and then come back to the region and speak his mind about the contract situation. But no, like his brother he curses the president on a public forum and he really thinks there wasn't gonna be consequences? He was naive, fullstop.

Now I'm sure he will play for WI again as this sort of thing has happened in the past with Dwayne Bravo, Gayle and co speaking their minds and still being picked for WI. So this shouldn't be a major thing in the long term. Things do have to change though and what's interesting is Dave Cameron's position as president will be challenged early next year...personally I hope he's beaten this time so we can have a fresh start for all.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Seems fairly clear cut from the letter they've sent him that he's in breach of contract.
It doesn't even matter. Bravo was offered a Grade C contract which is flat out insulting. I'm pretty sure he'd made his mind up not to play for WI again anyway, and who can blame him. WICB just jumped on that opportunity to axe him.

It's the old "Oh you want to resign? Can't do that if we fire you first"

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Bravo reacted awfully with that tweet and I can't really complain about him being sent home. You can't denigrate your employer like that. Of course, Cameron lied during his statement, has lied about countless players and even retweeted during a world cup match that Chris Gayle should retire. So how is he still in his job? When will he be held accountable for his performance that disenfranchises every player that has any spirit about them at all?

We have no senior players because as soon as they have been around the WICB long enough they get fed up, do something out of frustration and then that is it. They don't care about the best side playing at all. It is honestly the worst sporting man management I have come across. It is literally Camerons way or the highway. Do as he says and not as he does.

We often get frustrated at the T20 lot who won't play test cricket, but would any of you honestly choose to have an employer like that when you can get paid by extremely proffessionally run T20 franchises? I know which I would choose.

Last edited:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
It doesn't even matter. Bravo was offered a Grade C contract which is flat out insulting. I'm pretty sure he'd made his mind up not to play for WI again anyway, and who can blame him. WICB just jumped on that opportunity to axe him.

It's the old "Oh you want to resign? Can't do that if we fire you first"
Bravo's been rubbish for ages. If his performnces merited a better contract he'd have gotten one.

Beamer

Bravo's been rubbish for ages. If his performnces merited a better contract he'd have gotten one.
He wasn't performing up to the standards he should be looking to achieve but he was still our second best batsman and best on overseas tours. To be offered the same as people who have played one series is a joke.

Beamer

In better news, our FC tournament started on Friday. Rakheem Cornwall got another five wicket haul and smacked 80 odd with the bat. Vishal Singh was in the runs again as well. They're really knockign the door down for selection which is nice to see.

Tom Flint

International Regular
If all the windies batsmen had career averages of 40 they would probably be a few places higher up the rankings