• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

West Indies cricket discussion

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
I believe that the countries/regions of West Indies should establish a Federal Republic. But this place is not appropriate for the discussion for a Federal Republic of West Indies. If there is a good place, please tell me that.
Lol

So now you are moving from giving your ideas on changing cricket to politics. Any other ideas you want to share that the whole world should implement just because you think it's the best way of doing something?

Lokomotiv

U19 Cricketer
Lol

So now you are moving from giving your ideas on changing cricket to politics. Any other ideas you want to share that the whole world should implement just because you think it's the best way of doing something?
Other things:

The United Kingdom should become the United Republic of Britain and Mannin. (Mannin = Ellan Vannin, Isle of Man)
:At least, Mannin should become a constituent nation of GB.
Andorra should join Catalunya, regardless of Catalunya's status (independent or a Province of España).
Federal Republic of Benelux
Federal Republic of Danmark (Denmark), Sverige (Sweden) and Norge/Noreg (Norway)
Føroyar (The Faroes) should go independent and then create the Federal Republic of Ísland (Iceland) and Føroyar.
Puerto Rico and other US-occupied areas (including Hawaii) should go independent.
Monaco must be annexed by France, Lichtenstein must be annexed by Helvetia (Switzerland), Vatican and San Marino must be annexed by Italia

Lokomotiv

U19 Cricketer
And I hope Mannin's qualification for a Cricket World Cup someday. Even Bermuda (whose population is smaller than Mannin) did in 2007.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Other things:

The United Kingdom should become the United Republic of Britain and Mannin. (Mannin = Ellan Vannin, Isle of Man)
:At least, Mannin should become a constituent nation of GB.
Andorra should join Catalunya, regardless of Catalunya's status (independent or a Province of España).
Federal Republic of Benelux
Federal Republic of Danmark (Denmark), Sverige (Sweden) and Norge/Noreg (Norway)
Føroyar (The Faroes) should go independent and then create the Federal Republic of Ísland (Iceland) and Føroyar.
Puerto Rico and other US-occupied areas (including Hawaii) should go independent.
Monaco must be annexed by France, Lichtenstein must be annexed by Helvetia (Switzerland), Vatican and San Marino must be annexed by Italia
Done. Can't see any issues with any of that. Greenland should also annexe the arctic to make a play for all of the oil up there.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
We'd be laughing if he were funny or intelligent. Thus far he's been a waste of bandwidth.
He burned Shri the other day, easy pickings, but still worth reading IMO. Other than that he's been a bit ordinary however

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Miguel and Kraigg and approaching the kind of form that can push them into the senior side. Miguel is a special talent and Kraigg is improving on his weak areas and if Powell continues t struggle it will be hard to justify leaving Braithwaite on the sidelines.

Slifer

International Captain
So in other words the bowling attack is looking like this: Holder, Roach, Narine, Cummings ?

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
So in other words the bowling attack is looking like this: Holder, Roach, Narine, Cummings ?
Given the whole Narine vs WICB issue and that Cummins needs to do a little more to be selected (a couple of excellent matches against Bangladesh A might do the trick) I would geuss the attack will be:

Benn/Holder
Taylor
Shillingford
Roach

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Watching the HPC vs Bang-A match Beamner? decent showing from the guys so far...251/6 as i type with Johnson getting 70 odd, Blackwood 45, Carter 50 but Fudadin failed again... anything above 300 should put pressure on BD considering what happened in the last game...i'm looking for the pacers to really show their class here...apparently the Bang coach said after the first game that his batsmen were simply "intimidated by the pace"..and long may it continue :D .

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Watching the HPC vs Bang-A match Beamner? decent showing from the guys so far...251/6 as i type with Johnson getting 70 odd, Blackwood 45, Carter 50 but Fudadin failed again... anything above 300 should put pressure on BD considering what happened in the last game...i'm looking for the pacers to really show their class here...apparently the Bang coach said after the first game that his batsmen were simply "intimidated by the pace"..and long may it continue :D .
Yeah WW I have been watching when I can. Cummins looks like he's got rhythm back which is great and Cotterel is back in form, bowling pretty quickly. Carlos Braithwaite is also a very good 3rd/4th seamer and solid lower order batsman so all in all our back up bowling stocks are starting to look pretty good.

But the biggest and most exciting thing to come out of this year is Jermaine Blackwood. I watched some of his innings today and he is just in a completely different batting category to all the other West Indies hopefuls. Technique, shots all around the ground, power..... I really can't wait for him to play international cricket. Did you see any of it?

Lokomotiv

U19 Cricketer
Could you tell me anything about Cricket in the non-English speaking countries/regions of the West Indies?

Slifer

International Captain
I can't speak about all the islands but I do know that in Cuban there was a small following for the game mostly by migrants from surrounding English speaking islands

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Yeah WW I have been watching when I can. Cummins looks like he's got rhythm back which is great and Cotterel is back in form, bowling pretty quickly. Carlos Braithwaite is also a very good 3rd/4th seamer and solid lower order batsman so all in all our back up bowling stocks are starting to look pretty good.

But the biggest and most exciting thing to come out of this year is Jermaine Blackwood. I watched some of his innings today and he is just in a completely different batting category to all the other West Indies hopefuls. Technique, shots all around the ground, power..... I really can't wait for him to play international cricket. Did you see any of it?
Well it looks like you won't be waiting too long Beamer because apparently he's in the squad for the second test :D ..

Anyway fellas..i spoke about the yute who broke Lara's schoolboy record and then hit 400 odd not out a few weeks ago. Well there's apparently another kid, who hasn't broken any records but is making a LOT of noise in Barbados right now and that's a 17 year old pacer named Keon Harding. A Barbados u19 coach was on the Mason cricket show on tuesday and said "I saw Marshall when he was 19 years old running in fast and looking brilliant even then, and i'm telling you, Keon is the first kid i've seen since then with the same potential", the guy couldn't speak highly enough of the lad.

From what i gather he played in the warm up match the other day against the WI senior team and roughed up a lot of people :laugh: ...it's gonna be interesting to see how he develops now.

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
So the next Viv and the next Marshall.

If only wishes came through.

How is Miguel doing vs the Bangladesh team? Also though Carter would have got a place in the squad, but if continues to.imlrove his consistency his time will come.

on a serious note though, it's important not to place too much pressure on these young players because then they are expected to light it up immediately and that's not realistic. Let's s we what they can do and be patient with them. The future isn't as bleak as most elite but we must be patient.

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Beamer/ WW/ Slifer who are Te young talented spinners in the mix and are any of the leggies. One will be needed for balance going forward.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Beamer/ WW/ Slifer who are Te young talented spinners in the mix and are any of the leggies. One will be needed for balance going forward.
Akeam Dewar from Jamaica is a very decent leggy coming through, really performed well for CCC over the last few season. Hayden Walsh jr from Leewards is also a young leggy developing his game...while Amir Khan from Guyana is yet to get a long run but is talented non the less.

In truth the one i'm hoping could be abit special is the jamaican off-spinner named Ramaal Lewis...only 17 but took a few wickets against NZ in the warm up games the other day and his WIu19 record is much better than Narine's was.