• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

West Indies cricket discussion

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Good stuff from The High Performance Centre today, particularly Kraigg Braithwaite, who ended the day on 96 not out (121 balls). This is a huge improvement and from what little I saw he was putting away all the loose deliveries. If he scores runs in this fashion for the rest of the series he will replace Powell or Gayle.

Scores:

HPC: 292 all out (Blackwood 140, Johnson 56, T Islam 3/83, Robiul 3/86)

Bangladesh A: 140 all out (Kayes 32, Muktar Ali 31, C Braithwaite 4/45, Cummins 3/25, Cottrell 2/29)

HPC: 170/2 (K Braithwaite 96*, Johnson 40*, Hossain 1/23)

Beamer

The pacers just blew Bang away huh? started off rusty but once they found their stride they were devastating...happy to see Cummings and Cotterrell get some wickets to get into the groove too...the spinner should come into play in the next innings.
Yeah we definitely have some pace bowling talent to work with now, we've just got to be patient and not rush or hype them up too much. Hopefully Taylor, Roach and Holder perform so well that the likes of Carlos, Miguel and Sheldon can develop in peace, away from the pressure of tests but in the technical environment of HPC. They will be needed given Kemar and Jerome's injury records!

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Gee, gotta be excited about Braithwaite huh? Is he an outside chance to make the test team in the short-mid term? It's not like the batting lineup is stacked at the moment and there is genuine need for an all rounder at 6 when WI decide to play 2 spinners.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Good stuff from The High Performance Centre today, particularly Kraigg Braithwaite, who ended the day on 96 not out (121 balls). This is a huge improvement and from what little I saw he was putting away all the loose deliveries. If he scores runs in this fashion for the rest of the series he will replace Powell or Gayle.

Scores:

HPC: 292 all out (Blackwood 140, Johnson 56, T Islam 3/83, Robiul 3/86)

Bangladesh A: 140 all out (Kayes 32, Muktar Ali 31, C Braithwaite 4/45, Cummins 3/25, Cottrell 2/29)

HPC: 170/2 (K Braithwaite 96*, Johnson 40*, Hossain 1/23)
Lets just hope Kraigg converts Beamer...last season for Bim he got scores of..

Vs Winwards= 82 & 15

Vs Guyana= 19 & 5

Vs CCC= 91 & did not bat again

Vs= Trinidad= 0 & did not bat again

vs Jamaica= 29 & 91

vs Jamaica= 15 & 31

Now Vs Bang-A= 0 & 96 not out

It's quite telling that he's getting one big score every two games right now which is quite brilliant for his age...the season bfore he got about three tons and was second on the most runs list.. and also got three or four big scores in India for the A-team including a big ton...but this season he was so unlucky not to convert some of those scores...tomorrow i want to see him get over the line again just to get that monkey off his back...but no doubt bro he's got the potential to be another Shiv for us longterm if he keeps this kind of consistency up.

Now here is Leon Johnson's recent First class performances

Vs India A first match= 10 & didn't bat

Vs India A second match= 91 & did not bat

Vs India A third match= 81 & 1

Vs CCC= 34 & 36

Vs Leewards= 110 & 7

Vs Trinidad= 78 & 30 not out

Vs Bang-A= 56 & 40 not out thus far

So his improvement over the last year or so has been clear to see.

Last edited:

Beamer

Gee, gotta be excited about Braithwaite huh? Is he an outside chance to make the test team in the short-mid term? It's not like the batting lineup is stacked at the moment and there is genuine need for an all rounder at 6 when WI decide to play 2 spinners.
Totally, he's probably a good shout for a test call up if anyone gets injured, which lets face it is extremely likely to happen. He offers something different with the ball because he is so tall and yet can swing and seam the ball.

Not sure he will be good enough to bat at 6 but he could certainly be an excellent bet at 7 or 8 which would give us the confidence to bat Ramdin at 6.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Totally, he's probably a good shout for a test call up if anyone gets injured, which lets face it is extremely likely to happen. He offers something different with the ball because he is so tall and yet can swing and seam the ball.

Not sure he will be good enough to bat at 6 but he could certainly be an excellent bet at 7 or 8 which would give us the confidence to bat Ramdin at 6.
I had reservations about Ramdin batting at 6 before, but with Taylor also in the lineup I think that's acceptable.

Completely different team.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Carlos has always been there or there abouts Hendrix...good talent with both bat and Ball...scored his first ton last season for Barbados and many rate him similar to Holder with the ball.

Last edited:

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Glad to see Miguel taking some wickets.
Yeah his form was a concern last season but i guess he did have some niggly injuries to deal with...no doubt the kid is a talent and is different to the other pacers as he has the ability to get small but effective movement each way..and bowls a very patient but nagging line and length.

Beamer

So Kraigg scored a positive 164 to really move the game on in HPC's favour. Fantastic stuff and it's great to see him improving and hitting the gaps more often. I just want to see him do it against a better attack and then I will be convinced.

Also watching Miguel Cummins with the new ball was interesting. He was a bit all over the place but bowled with good pace and once or twice per over would produce an excellent delivery. He looks like he is regaining some of the rhythm he had last year.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
So Kraigg scored a positive 164 to really move the game on in HPC's favour. Fantastic stuff and it's great to see him improving and hitting the gaps more often. I just want to see him do it against a better attack and then I will be convinced.

Also watching Miguel Cummins with the new ball was interesting. He was a bit all over the place but bowled with good pace and once or twice per over would produce an excellent delivery. He looks like he is regaining some of the rhythm he had last year.
Totaly agree..Kraigg is just getting better and better and i'm not sure what more he has to do to get a test call...i suspect he'll be in for the Bangs series as i don't see Gayle hanging around for much longer...then it will be important that he develops his game at the highest level like he has domestically and at A-team level.

Miguel has also done very well...Bang are 58/2 in their reply right now and he's taken both wickets...he looks much better than he did for Bim when he was carrying injuries.

Slifer

International Captain
I hope u r trolling, because ne one with even a limited knowledge of the WI would know that the islands that comprise the WI cricket are multi-racial. People of Indian, White, black, Asian, Amerindian etc heritage all make up the WI.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
We'd be laughing if he were funny or intelligent. Thus far he's been a waste of bandwidth.
He's taking the piss out of a certain group of middle aged white guy everyone has as an unwanted uncle/cousin/acquaintance.

"Why can't we have straight pride/white pride/etc"

This is usually followed up with "...PC gone mad" etc etc while they continue to espouse racism/homophobia/general bigotry.

Lokomotiv

U19 Cricketer
I believe that the countries/regions of West Indies should establish a Federal Republic. But this place is not appropriate for the discussion for a Federal Republic of West Indies. If there is a good place, please tell me that.