• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Can Sunil Narine become an all time great?

the big bambino

International Captain
Can we at least keep the comparisons reasonable? Cricketers were paid like serfs in the 70s and were more than willing to play for their countries as many still did in WSC. WI and Australian players also played for their nations in that tournament anyway. Whereas Narine is hardly on the breadline.

G.I.Joe

International Coach

I had all this pent up skill in my wrists that wasn't putting the bread on the table. Thank God for Packer!

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Just while they're on this, and possibly why it's so understandable for Hurricane and others to have the opinions that they do:

Jerome Kaino, at 31 years of age, has taken a $500K pay cut to play for the All Blacks.

That's quite ridiculously impressive when you think about it.

When you have a level of charisma - possibly like the Aussie and West Indies test teams once had - there is a certain demand that you can expect from players.

I didn't actually realise it was that high.

Last edited:

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I hate that the standard for IPL is different from that of the ICC.

He does chuck it in the domestics leagues and doesn't even get called.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I hate that the standard for IPL is different from that of the ICC.

He does chuck it in the domestics leagues and doesn't even get called.
Actually, he is very much cleared to bowl even by ICC right now. He is not playing coz he is not sure if the action is fine. I think it does make sense that umpires are more likely to watch it at the international level than the domestic level.

That said, we have 1 ICC umpire every game in the IPL too. So he could well be pulled up sooner even this season.