• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

BBL Draft

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
A long said:
James Sutherland stares into his coffee, feeling somewhat distant and confused at the proceedings unfolding in front of him. As usual, he has no idea what's going on, but quickly perks up upon hearing the word 'money'.

"Money, you say? Are we earning more?"
"Yes James, this proposal will earn millions of dollars for Cricket Australia to channel back to the players and grassroots funding."
"I like the sound of the first bit, though the players earn enough as it is and grassroots funding isn't broken. I'm sold."
"So where's the money going to go then...?"

And henceforth the Big Bash League was born. The powers-that-be developed 8 franchises (with an option on two more if popularity demanded it), and planned a whole new T20 tournament. But how would the teams be picked? They'd be drafted! By members of CricketWeb! What could possibly go wrong?

The following criteria were set for the 18 man squads:

• 14 domestic Australian players (if they could represent Australia tomorrow, they count)
  • 2 overseas players
  • 1 'uncapped' international (never played Test or ODI cricket, maximum of 3 T20is; or any Associate-eligible player)
  • 1 'uncapped' domestic player (never played FC or List A cricket, maximum of 3 T20s)
  • Absolutely anybody is available to be contracted, provided they are a human being. This includes Don Bradman. However, there may be issues regarding reanimation and frailty given the tournament is being played in 2014.

The following franchises are available (and can be re-named; also I'm claiming one of the 8, but will take whichever one gets left out):

1. Sydney Sixers - morgieb
  2. Sydney Thunder - Spikey [FOLDED]
  3. Melbourne Stars - Riggins
  4. Melbourne Renegades - Camo999
  5. Hobart Hurricanes - HeathDavisSpeed
  6. Brisbane Heat - Dan
  7. Perth Scorchers - ohnoitsyou
  8. Adelaide Strikers - Prince EWS [FOLDED]
  9. Darwin Dingoes - NUFAN
  10. Canberra Comets - weeman27bob

So if you ever wanted to run your own BBL franchise, here's your chance to get on the action!

12 hours per pick, beginning from the moment a pick is made or a pick is skipped; if a pick is owing, you're immediately skipped over. Miss 3 in a row and you're out, with the team being auctioned off to the highest bidder.

Draft Order:

Round One (x1)Round Three (x1)Round Five (x1)Round Seven (x1)Round Nine (x1)Round Eleven (x2)Round Thirteen (x2)
weeman
ohnoitsyou
Dan
Riggins
Heef
Camo999
morgieb
NUFAN
NUFAN
Heef
Dan
Camo999
weeman
morgieb
ohnoitsyou
Riggins
Camo999
Dan
NUFAN
weeman
ohnoitsyou
Riggins
Heef
morgieb
Camo999
Riggins
morgieb
weeman
Dan
NUFAN
Heef
ohnoitsyou
Riggins
weeman
Camo999
morgieb
ohnoitsyou
Heef
NUFAN
Dan
morgieb
Riggins
ohnoitsyou
NUFAN
Camo999
weeman
Heef
Dan
ohnoitsyou
Camo999
Heef
weeman
morgieb
Dan
Riggins
NUFAN
Round Two (x1)Round Four (x1)Round Six (x1)Round Eight (x1)Round Ten (x1)Round Twelve (x2)Round Fourteen (x2)
NUFAN
morgieb
Camo999
Heef
Riggins
Dan
ohnoitsyou
weeman
Monk
ohnoitsyou
morgieb
weeman
Camo999
Dan
Heef
NUFAN
morgieb
Heef
Riggins
ohnoitsyou
weeman
NUFAN
Dan
Camo999
ohnoitsyou
Heef
NUFAN
Dan
weeman
morgieb
Riggins
Camo999
Dan
NUFAN
Heef
ohnoitsyou
morgieb
Camo999
weeman
Riggins
Dan
Heef
weeman
Camo999
NUFAN
ohnoitsyou
Riggins
morgieb
NUFAN
Riggins
Dan
morgieb
weeman
Heef
Camo999
ohnoitsyou

List of Selected Players
Code:
AB de Villiers (weeman/Comets)
Shane Watson (ohnoitsyou/Scorchers)
Steven Smith (Dan/Heat)
Jacques Kallis (Monk/Stars)
Glenn Maxwell (PEWS/Strikers)
Peter Siddle (Heef/Hurricanes)
Aaron Finch (Camo/Renegades)
Mitchell Johnson (morgieb/Sixers)
Mitchell Starc (NUFAN/Dingoes)
Sunil Narine (NUFAN/Dingoes)
David Warner (morgieb/Sixers)
Mitchell Marsh (Camo/Renegades)
Dirk Nannes (Heef/Hurricanes)
James Faulkner (PEWS/Strikers)
Mike Hussey (Monk/Stars)
Lasith Malinga (ohnoitsyou/Scorchers)
Shaun Marsh (Dan/Heat)
George Bailey (weeman/Comets)
Ben Cutting (NUFAN/Dingoes)
Pat Cummins (Dan/Heat)
Nathan Coulter-Nile (Heef/Hurricanes)
Ryan Harris (PEWS/Strikers)
Cameron White (Camo/Renegades)
James Pattinson (weeman/Comets)
Nathan Lyon (morgieb/Sixers)
Brad Hogg (ohnoitsyou/Scorchers)
Brad Hodge (ohnoitsyou/Scorchers)
Chris Lynn (NUFAN/Dingoes)
Josh Hazlewood (NUFAN/Dingoes)
Dan Christian (ohnoitsyou/Scorchers)
Jason Behrendorff (Dan/Heat)
Phil Hughes (Dan/Heat)
Brad Haddin (morgieb/Sixers)
Cameron Gannon (Heef/Hurricanes)
Ben Laughlin (Heef/Hurricanes)
John Hastings (morgieb/Sixers)
Doug Bollinger (Camo/Renegades)
Alister McDermott (Camo/Renegades)
Jackson Bird (Riggins/Stars)
Tom Cooper (Riggins/Stars)
Travis Birt (Riggins/Stars)
Ryan ten Doeschate (Heef/Hurricanes)
Nic Maddinson (morgieb/Sixers)
Moises Henriques (weeman/Comets)
Adam Voges (weeman/Comets)
Virat Kohli (Riggins/Stars)
David Hussey (ohnoitsyou/Scorchers)
Nathan Rimmington (weeman/Comets)
Ben Dunk (NUFAN/Dingoes)
Sam Whiteman (Dan/Heat)
Ben Hilfenhaus (Camo/Renegades)
Fawad Ahmed (Camo/Renegades)
James Hopes (Dan/Heat)
Michael Klinger (NUFAN/Dingoes)

Last edited:

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
im confused to as to whether we are picking current day players, all players ever, or all T20 players ever

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
im confused to as to whether we are picking current day players, all players ever, or all T20 players ever
It's a current day thing, but quote-unquote 'retirees' are allowed. Fans of Dan Smith obvs cheering at that ruling.

Though in saying that, if you want to wheel Don Bradman's corpse out to face up to an 84-year-old Alan Davidson, be my guest.

Camo999

State 12th Man
Sounds interesting. I'll take the Renegades if they're available. If not I'll take anyone else.

watson

Banned
And henceforth the Big Bash League was born. The powers-that-be developed 8 franchises (with an option on two more if popularity demanded it), and planned a whole new T20 tournament. But how would the teams be picked? They'd be drafted! By members of CricketWeb! What could possibly go wrong?

The following criteria were set for the 18 man squads:
  • 14 domestic Australian players (if they could represent Australia tomorrow, they count)
  • 2 overseas players
  • 1 'uncapped' international (never played Test or ODI cricket, maximum of 3 T20is; or any Associate-eligible player)
  • 1 'uncapped' domestic player (never played FC or List A cricket, maximum of 3 T20s)
  • Absolutely anybody is available to be contracted, provided they are a human being. This includes Don Bradman. However, there may be issues regarding reanimation and frailty given the tournament is being played in 2014.

The following franchises are available (and can be re-named; also I'm claiming one of the 8, but will take whichever one gets left out):

1. Sydney Sixers
  2. Sydney Thunder - Spikey
  3. Melbourne Stars
  4. Melbourne Renegades
  5. Hobart Hurricanes
  6. Brisbane Heat
  7. Perth Scorchers
  8. Adelaide Strikers
  9. Canberra Comets
  10. Darwin Dingoes - NUFAN

So if you ever wanted to run your own BBL franchise, here's your chance to get on the action!

12 hours per pick, beginning from the moment a pick is made or a pick is skipped; if a pick is owing, you're immediately skipped over. Miss 3 in a row and you're out, with the team being auctioned off to the highest bidder.
12 hour time limits are so passe :p

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I'll take the Strikers; my mother grew up in Adelaide so I have a tenuous link.

I absolutely love me some current ability drafts. Keen.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
I'll throw in a free Merv Hughes for anyone who takes the Canberra franchise. If there's no interest in the next few hours, the Comets might conveniently fold and we'll get started on this thing.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I'm confused as to whether we're picking 16 or 18 players by how you've phrased the opening post. Do the uncapped players count as part of the 14 domestic and 2 international quotas, or do they exist on top of that?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
i dont think we have enough current players to do a 10 team comp anyway.
Nah there are always enough players. Having to call up players from the level below no-one has heard of or bringing guys out of retirement is always half the fun of things like this; it's good to push the player pool.