• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

for cricket

nikhil8866

Cricket Spectator
I am 23 years old now. I want to start playing cricket in club level. Is it good for me to start playing cricket now? so please guide me about this.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I am 23 years old now. I want to start playing cricket in club level. Is it good for me to start playing cricket now? so please guide me about this.
What exactly do you mean "good for me"? Health-wise, yes. If you want to have a legitimate career in cricket starting now, it's probably too late. If you are a great athlete, then you could try and pick up the game and play at the local club level. In some years, you may even be a go for some higher level stuff. Which state are you from? Have you ever played cricket before? If you used to be a good cricketer, then you may still have a chance at a real career.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
india hurricane
Then I think the Indian posters should guide you - (sorry for the hyphen Daemon) they can tell you how easy it is to make a club side as a noob or someone who has just played tape ball. And how easy it is to get into any club side full stop. Most people I have met from India couldn't play any club cricket and were tape ball players.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
If you're 23, wouldn't you just turn up at your local club, start training, and then possibly get selected?

That's certainly what would happen in Australia, but perhaps India is different.

23 seems like a good enough age to start. You can play club cricket until you're ancient, and it takes you a few seasons to sort your game out.