• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Andrew Flintoff

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Knowing Scott, he probably meant it. He is too stupid to know what "sarcasm" means!

Personally I didn't understand the comment made by FRAZ.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
halsey said:
True. The point is to take 20 wickets. But if you build pressure, wickets become more likely. Not necessarily for Freddie, but for the strike bowlers. (Although I admit at the present time, England have no strike bowlers.)
A slightly odd comment - surely you are a strike bowler because you take wickets, not the other way around?
And building pressure will only happen if the batsmen oblige. If the batsman doesn't feel under pressure, pressure isn't built. Only some batsmen can have pressure built on them by slow scoring.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
halsey said:
Personally I didn't understand the comment made by FRAZ.
I can assure you (and marc) that I know exactly how you feel.
I have read the FRAZ comment about 50 times and I can't decipher it.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Richard said:
I can assure you (and marc) that I know exactly how you feel.
I have read the FRAZ comment about 50 times and I can't decipher it.
In a nutshell he appeared to be commenting on Flintoff not being the fittest player on the international scene.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
First of all, I certainly cant understand it! I have no idea how you got that out of that...

And secondly, if you are correct about what FRAZ meant, I completely disagree with him!

How about we all just forget aboiut what FRAZ said.:lol:

Craig

World Traveller
Rik said:
Very true, some, like Boycs, made a career out of it...

Ken Barrington springs to mind. Although he was actually an aggressive player, but was forced to change his style to keep his spot in the England team.

I probably would of told the manager/selector to phuck off and stopped playing for draws and start going for a win.

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Whatever Barrington did, it worked!
An average of 58 in Test-match cricket is not something you'd turn down.

And regarding the Flintoff fitness, he's perfectly fit now (so far as overweightness is concerned - being bowled into the ground isn't really his fault, though he doesn't do himself any favours with his over-commitment), that he isn't is a rather outdated theory, like the one about Tudor and his injuries.

FRAZ

International Captain
FRAZ said:
i THINK NOT MUCH OF TIME HE HAS GOT TO BE IN INTERNATIONAL SPORT. Just look at his body fat .....
I stick with this statement and he is surely gonna have fitness problems , groin prblems etc etc . I quoted from some one saying he is a great cricketer , But time will prove I was right .Mr pltk or whatever What stupid statement I made I mean I was just answering some ones reply.