• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best Fielders & Catchers

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I'd say Ashish Nehra is possibly the worst fielder going around at the moment...he really has no idea.

twctopcat

International Regular
I rate the sri lankan team in general, in the test against i cant remember them putting one catch down, i know the catches were off murali but in terms of stretching and reacting they were second to none, wish sangakkara would shut up tho, almost as bad as ntini in the field jabbering away........but not quite.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
BlackCap_Fan said:
yes.

did anyone witness that amazing catch of andrew flintoff a few years ago by vincent.STUNNING.
There is little doubt that didn't carry.
Flintoff can't complain after receiving two palpable let-offs in his very previous innings, but it wasn't quite a catch.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Tim said:
I'd say Ashish Nehra is possibly the worst fielder going around at the moment...he really has no idea.
Possibly, but there are plenty who give him a run for his money.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Zoysa is pretty much as bad.
Harmison is terrible.
Vaughan ain't the best.
Martyn has been dreadful recently.
There are several who are about as bad as the last two - the category not quite as bad as Nehra's group, but not too far behind.

BlackCap_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Richard said:
Zoysa is pretty much as bad.
Harmison is terrible.
Vaughan ain't the best.
Martyn has been dreadful recently.
There are several who are about as bad as the last two - the category not quite as bad as Nehra's group, but not too far behind.
but inzy is the best:lol:

I think that Cairns has the best throwing arm in the world.Andrew Symonds also got one hell of an arm too.

thats all I got from the top of my head.

FRAZ

International Captain
BlackCap_Fan said:

Let me tell you one thing Inzimam is the one of the saffest fielder to have in slips . Check his record .

BlackCap_Fan

State Vice-Captain
FRAZ said:
Let me tell you one thing Inzimam is the one of the saffest fielder to have in slips . Check his record .
yeah but he doesn't do too great outside the slips.he didn't do well in the 5th odi NZ vs Pakistan.

oh and when I said off the top of my head I meant guys with great throwing arms.

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
BlackCap_Fan said:

I think that Cairns has the best throwing arm in the world.Andrew Symonds also got one hell of an arm too.

Streak surely has a better arm than anyone.
Not much difference between the top lot, though, and Streak is no more than reasonable at other fielding disciplines.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
ReallyCrazy said:
we call inzamam AALU which means "potato"
The last time any one called Inzamam Ul Haq 'aaloo' was in a Sahara Cup match where a man was shouting INZY AALLLOOO with a loudspeaker. Inzamam got a Pakistani fielder to brign him a bat from teh dressing room, crossed the boundary rope and was about to hit the man when he was stopped!

So I would be cautious before calling him Aloo any where :lol:

Mingster

State Regular
Yes, New Zealand is teh best fielding side at the moment.

And before you say I'm wrong, name another side.