• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Punting on Problems

Ford_GTHO351

U19 Vice-Captain
Well I don't think that Stuart MacGill has actually done that badly over the time of Shane Warne's absence.

Well I agree with your view that Nathan Hauritz has to still prove he is a top class spinner in the longer form of the game.

Yes Cameron White has to improve on his consistency.

As long as Warne is remotely ready, I think that he will be picked to tour Sri Lanka. In the Tests, Warne and MacGill will be picked. I reckon that MacGill is still the second best spinner in Australia (for the longer form of the game). In the ODI's, if Brad Hogg can perfom in the VB Series, than I reckon the selectors would still pick him. Nathan Hauritz is an outside chance I reckon. Though if Warne decides to return to ODI cricket, then Warne would be first choice.

Yes I agree with you that Warnes selection is getting stronger as every day goes by.

hourn

U19 Cricketer
the man to watch out for IMO is Beau Casson.

He's 21 years now, plying his trade in the hardest of all arts - left arm wrist spin.

but he has more talent in his little finger than most have in their entire bodies.

He's still at least 3 years off being ready to play test cricket, and probably won't play for another 5 at least (if he does), but i reckon if he goes the way his talent suggests he should, he could be an absolute superstar.

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
EXCELLENT job Andre mate, great stuff.

I stand by my point that Cameron White is the most overated spinner in the world. His batting also falls into that category as well. He doesnt turn it, he has figures that arent anything to write home about in the Pura Cup, and his batting leaves much to be desired.

Linda

International Vice-Captain
I tend to agree about Cam White. I hadn't seen alot of him, only highlights and whatnot, but I saw all of the Australian A matches, and all I could say about him is 'meh'.

As for Casson, hes also an EXCELLENT feilder. I saw alot of him in the covers and so on in the match against Qld, he is very reliable.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Great article Andre. :)

Even though Allan Border refuses to answer whether Warne will go to Sri Lanka or not, I believe that it's pretty concrete that he will go.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Good article, Andre - one thing I'd disagree with is your rating of Hauritz in the shorter form of the game. Personally I'd say he's one of the worst cricketers to be selected for Australia in the last decade.
Somehow or other Clarke has managed to consistently hold down a good ODI bowling average - it is something of a relief Hauritz has not done the same.