Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Like Tree98Likes

Thread: Fixing Scandal!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jcas0167 View Post
    Someone within the ICC clearly feels the same way given the leaks. This has brought things to a head.
    yeah that's pretty worrying.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike5181 View Post
    McCullum reported both approaches in 2008 and was interviewed again in 2011.
    source?

U19 12th Man
    I am pretty gutted to hear about the involvement of NZ cricketers in the match fixing scandal. Even worse is the fact Chris Cairns appears to be involved. Cairns was one of my favourites back in the day.

On top of a pile of money, surrounded by many beautiful women
    Quote Originally Posted by jonbrooks View Post
    I am pretty gutted to hear about the involvement of NZ cricketers in the match fixing scandal. Even worse is the fact Chris Cairns appears to be involved. Cairns was one of my favourites back in the day.
    He was undoubtedly New Zealand's finest cricketer from Crowe's retirement in 95 through to Bond's emergence in 2002, and he was a massive hero to the generation of kiwi kids (myself included) who grew up watching him. It's devastating.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I can think of a list of Sydney Grade posters who would contribute a better average post than Bahnz.
    Maow like no one can hear you maowing.

Quote Originally Posted by straw man View Post
    Well at least we can be confident that if anything damming on Tuffey had been covered in the investigation so far, the media would have heard about it. Perhaps he hasn't been called up yet, I don't know.

Someone posted some Chandigarh Lions squads earlier but I can't find them now. Along with Cairns and Vincent, Tuffey and Hamish Marshall were in the side. Haven't seen anything to suggest Marshall was involved, or the other internationals - Andrew Hall, Imran Farhat, Matthew Elliott and a couple I've forgotten. If you were completely innocent it would be all kinds of crap being in proximity to the large tar brush now in evidence.
    One of the years Elliott got injured and was sent home by the "team hierarchy" early, even though he was to be right later in the tournament.

Then, a former English player was brought over and took his contract, on the recommendation of Player X.

Anyone seen anything on whether Daryl Tuffey (who has previously been named as being involved) is giving evidence? Feeling a bit uneasy on that seeing as he played for NZ briefly after returning from the ICL.
    Feeling a bit uneasy on that seeing as he once bowled a 14-ball over for the BCs

International Captain straw man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    One of the years Elliott got injured and was sent home by the "team hierarchy" early, even though he was to be right later in the tournament.

Then, a former English player was brought over and took his contract, on the recommendation of Player X.
    Good memory, though how do you know Hick was brought over on Cairns' recommendation?

Fairly interesting timing as per the following article from 2008
    Grame Hick joins ICL, will play for Chandigarh Lions - News Oneindia

However, Hick's inclusion has a shot in the arm for the Lions team as they are already a depleted side due to the suspension of their regular captain former New Zealand all-rounder Chris Cairns and former India batsman Dinesh Mongia due to their alleged involvement in the match fixing.

Good memory, though how do you know Hick was brought over on Cairns' recommendation?

Fairly interesting timing as per the following article from 2008
    Grame Hick joins ICL, will play for Chandigarh Lions - News Oneindia
    Why didn't Cairns sue News Oneindia in 2008????

Now Elly Riley's sworn testimony to the ICC has been leaked...this is just getting worse and worse for Cairns.

Modi ran out of characters to include alleged in his tweet.
    straw man likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Feral Abacus View Post
    Another exaggerated personality stereotype conspiracy brought to you by Kippax.
    NZ RAIN RADAR . TAB CRICKET OPTIONS . KIPPAX CRICKET . DOOR TO THE VAULT

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyliner View Post
    What is extraordinary in all of this that the ICC still have not interviewed Cairns, when we are talking about an incident from 2008 - in regards to Brendon McCullum's testimony - and a mountain of information from Lou Vincent.
    IIRC, wasn't the ICL outlawed by the ICC and players who took part got bans from ICC-regulated competition?

If so, I don't see how the ICC could have jurisdiction over events that happened in it?
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by marc71178 View Post
    IIRC, wasn't the ICL outlawed by the ICC and players who took part got bans from ICC-regulated competition?

If so, I don't see how the ICC could have jurisdiction over events that happened in it?
    McCullum's testimony allegedly stated he believed player X was asking him to fix in the IPL, and Vincent's fixing included English county matches.

State Vice-Captain BackFootPunch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marc71178 View Post

I made the same point when Vincent, Tuffey and Cairns were named back in December. The ACSU can hardly claim to have control over a rebel league.

Though obviously if Cairns and Vincent have been involved in things like County Cricket and the CL20 it's a different story.

Perhaps the ICC feels no desire to interview Cairns - if he's not the top of the chain and he's publicly denying everything then he'd probably be a waste of time. What they want is whistle-blowers (or people they can get to fess up to save their own ass) and then the top of the tree. If Cairns was only a rung above Vincent he's not worth the effort for minimal return.

International Vice-Captain

GGG
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwiviktor81 View Post
    Feeling a bit uneasy on that seeing as he once bowled a 14-ball over for the BCs
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvpnfrgZYxk

Quote Originally Posted by BackFootPunch View Post
    I made the same point when Vincent, Tuffey and Cairns were named back in December. The ACSU can hardly claim to have control over a rebel league.

Though obviously if Cairns and Vincent have been involved in things like County Cricket and the CL20 it's a different story.

Perhaps the ICC feels no desire to interview Cairns - if he's not the top of the chain and he's publicly denying everything then he'd probably be a waste of time. What they want is whistle-blowers (or people they can get to fess up to save their own ass) and then the top of the tree. If Cairns was only a rung above Vincent he's not worth the effort for minimal return.
    Given what they seem to have from McCullum, Vincent & his wife, I would have thought they have ample evidence to put pressure on Cairns to do a deal. I find it incredible that he hasn't been interviewed.

It's a little surreal following Cairns on twitter. He's posting quite regularly, interacting with others thanking them for their support and seems pretty chipper given the circumstances.
    Last edited by jcas0167; 20-05-2014 at 05:06 AM.

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread Information