• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Associate Draft - Voting Thread

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
1. Heef
2. Crabb
3. BFP

Don't rate Brockley's side and don't know enough about Fred's side. Camo somewhat unlucky but I think there's enough holes there to miss out.

Heef's bowling attack looks pretty juicy and his batting order has a lot of depth, so I think he did the best. Crabb narrowly behind, but Shah is still pretty untested and I have NFI about Gibson so I just don't think his bowling has the depth. BFP's strengths are probably the best - 2 really good middle-order bats and a gun opening pair, but the average all-rounders set it back slightly and I'm a little unfamiliar with the UAE openers.
Clem Gibson was a cracking pick by Pews - he was one of those who Maclaren chose to beat Armstrong's Australians in 1921 and there was talk of him going to Australia in 1924/25 - I didn't realise he was born in. spent most of his time in and died in Argentina else I'd have snapped him up in the second round

HeathDavisSpeed

Heef 3 points, Brockley 2 points and then BFP 1 point

Votes so far:

Heef 15
Cribb 14
Morgieb 11
Fred 6
BFP 4
Brockley 4
Camo 0

Pretty close at the top (I had Cribb in the lead originally, but missed Andruid's votes). It'd be good if we could have votes from BFP, Cribb and Brockley so every draft participant had a vote, but if not then the above list is the final scores on the doors.

I'd be glad to have someone check if they want to - the only confusion for me was in Vimes and Camo's votes where I've assumed they've listed the votes in order from 3 points down to 1.

HeathDavisSpeed

Heef 21
Cribb 18
Morgieb 16
Fred 9
BFP 4
Brockley 4
Camo 0

Looks like that's the final score then (again, assuming I've interpreted Brockley's votes correctly) meaning that I take away the Gold Medal, Cribb a very deserved Silver and Morgie also a thoroughly well earned Bronze.

Thanks for taking part. Help yourself to ****tail sausages and pineapple n' cheese on a stick, grab a couple of brews and then head home. Remember not to drive, order a taxi from the bar if you will.

Goodnight and remember - don't have nightmares.